HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOSED - MP5k original prototype grip/forarm in nylon

23K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  AutoLode 
#1 · (Edited)
MP5k original prototype grip/forarm in resin

This here are the conditions that I posted in the original thread:

I think when I would get enough orders ( 10 and up in total would be good) I could make a charge for $145 a piece ( dyed nylon) + 10$ shipping.
The grip would then still have this waves, I don't recommend sanding them out it would reveal the white nylon beneath.

If you are looking into a sandable grip I could do the one or other undyed white nylon grip for $130 + shipping.

These prices apply just for this one charge of grips other orders will have (much) higher prices.
Custom configurations are possible, price would depend on complexity and amount of time needed.

[irrelevant] I personally would wait for the metal version because I am expecting it to be the one with the highest quality although I think nylon one is less slippery because of the waves.
I will need at least a total of 10 grips to be able to maintain offered prices.

I will give discount for interesting and rare pics and brochures/papers or media in general of prototypes ( one of the videos made during the G11 project would be awesome :770: )

If someone wants to place an order: send me a PM with your email and order specs.

This is the official order list:

Number Name black white custom

1. TX_Rifleman 1 - -
2. fordemti 1 - -
3. mmissile 1 - -
4. PolishLad - 1 -
5. jt15550 2 - -
6. Sablelieger - 1 -
7. Whiskey09 1 - -
8. Johnnycat 2 - -
9. ig720. 2 - -
10. davwil - 1 -
11. khailon - 1 -

total up to now: 13

When I have enough orders placed I will need to collect the money in order to fund the material.
Standart orders will ship earlier than custom orders ( they all ship when they are finshed).

You can find details to this replica here

Installed it looks like this:

See less See more
#3 ·
Metal one? How much would the metal one be?

#7 ·
I still accept orders for the nylon grips, I still have no metal available, different other materials (more or less display only materials) are on their way, I saw some new details on the new pics and I will update the design in the next week.

^I hope the format is status compatible :540: :20000000:

#10 · (Edited)
Nice; I would build an MP5K just to add that grip to it, just for the "Black Ops" look of it. Hmmmm; might need to buy a couple straight mags too. Oh well; add me for one undyed grip! Not passing this one.

#11 ·
^favourite set up

@ jt15550 & Sablelieger : I have already added you to the list but I still would like you to send me a PM containing your order specs.

New Pic:

As long as noone has a problem with it I will post the shape regarding updates with more detailed info in the original thread and all material regarding updates only in this thread.

#18 ·
Initially I wanted to use the laser sintered nylon12 like available there
->
*cough* Shapeways *cough* :wink:

but I am not sure if the material properties are good enough to withstand the forces and heat caused by shooting. In addition the material is white and therefore will always needs to be dyed or painted.
Right now I think it would be better to use another material with carbon particles, the material properties seem to be better when it comes to withstanding forces and heat, because of the carbon the colour is grey. The downside is that this material is expensive, with a total of 10 I still need to collect around 40$ more from every one, exact pricing will depend on the final design.
I am working on testing both materials to see which performs better and if a material switch is needed for shootable grips.

#19 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,
after a longer period of little to no progress I can announce that I will switch the material to resin.
The advantages are the hardness and the improved performance under heat, the hardness is said to be higher than that of the stantard constructionsite helmets here in germany.
The disadvantage would be that the resolution is a little low, tolerances seem to be ok to tight. The lower resolution results in a more textured surface which makes it less slippery.

The best thing is I can reduce the price for all to 130$ + shipping. The base color is now orange. Black or custom colors are no problem as long as the grip is for display only if you would need heatwidthstanding paint I will see if I can get them duracoated here, but I have no idea how much that will be.

I will post pics today or tomorrow.

Edit:

When I was at the Gray Room Tour I had the opportunity to see the Prototype life and in full color ( although with most of the time with the lights out, since Iwas not too long in the training room). I identified some inaccuracies I built in without knowing. I do not think that these "mistakes" will affect the usability in a negative way therefore I will not change the current design. The current design will even allow you to sand down the texture to achive a form that is more close to the original if you do not like the texture or if you want a more close replica.

First pics in comparison to a FDM printed sample:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.