HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOSED - Group Buy: Mk 24 Mod 0 CAP (HK45CT) SEAL Contract Holster

56K views 268 replies 76 participants last post by  mrsaturn7085 
#1 · (Edited)
PLEASE REVIEW THIS WHOLE POST - MOST UP-TO-DATE INFO IS ADDED VIA EDITS AT THE BOTTOM!

Through a little probing I was able to confirm the holster that was actually issued alongside the HK45CT (Mk 24 Mod 0 CAP) to the SEAL teams. It is a variant of the LBT-0372 holster that has not been sold commercially (until now), and allows the Ti-Rant 45S suppressor to be carried either stowed in a pouch or installed to the pistol. It was made in a restricted (AOR1) pattern (reference shots, below). This holster also will allow the issued Crimson Trace Laserguard (visible or IR version) to stay attached to the holstered pistol.

LBT has told me the holster was called the "LBT-0372P".

Pricing per holster is $125 shipped (USPS Priority, to US address). We will need a minimum of 25 pieces ordered to have LBT to make a special run for the forum.

The *real* holster used a restricted AOR1 pattern - for OUR color/pattern options, please read the edits, below. LBT must manufacture a minimum of 25 pieces PER COLOR; voting details on the color selection for the run are listed below!

EDIT 1-2:

Group buy closed - update no longer relevant.

EDIT 3:

Pricing is $125 inc. USPS Priority shipping within the USA. MSRP is $108, and I'm budgeting $17 for total S&H to me, and then back out to GB participants.

Correct holster models is LBT-0372P "H&K 45 Cal w/ Laser Holster w/Suppressor Pouch (RH)". The teams were also issued the LBT-0372N holster for non-laser/light bearing pistols. This group buy is specifically for the LBT-0372P.

The original holsters were last issued 3 years ago in two patterns: AOR1 and black.

We will have our choice of pattern from the following list:

Multicam
Black

Unfortunately, AOR1 is not an option.

Minimum quantity PER PATTERN is 25 holsters.

EDIT 4:

Good news for the lefties - LBT is willing to split the order (i.e. 30 pc RH, 5 pc LH).

EDIT 5:

EDIT 6:

Had a number of questions about the compatibility of this holster w/o the Crimson Trace laser. The "P" model of holster will allow you to carry the HK45C with or without the laser. It may be a little loose without the laser, but these holsters provide enough retention it should not be an issue. The "P" holster simply has a small amount of relief in front of the trigger guard. The laser itself was VERY small, and added no width to the gun, overall.

The "N" holster that was mentioned is NOT part of this group buy. It is similar to the LBT-0372L - a commercially available holster you can purchase by simply calling LBT. While the "N" model was made for the HK45, it is almost identical to the "L" holster for large-frame non-light/laser bearing pistols.

EDIT 7:

Multicam won the color vote by almost double the second place vote, which was black.

EDIT 8:

Given that we now have 50+ orders, I will be TRYING to work this into a split run. We will need a minimum of 25 orders for each pattern for this to happen.

Given the likely situation that we will have a few people back out, the order may default back to Multicam if we dip below 25 orders for black. This will be part of the payment request PM, basically stating you are aware you may receive Multicam if the order quantity does not permit Black. I will send individual payment requests to each and every person on the list, and will continue to update the thread as payments roll in. Assuming we get the split order situation figured out in a reasonable time, I expect to send out payment requests early in the week of 11/8, with a tentative due date of 11/14. Order should go in with LBT on 11/16.

I apologize for the complexity, but I am trying to be as accommodating as possible given the constraints LBT has given us.

If you have any questions, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post them in the thread, as others likely have the same question!

EDIT 9:

EDIT 10:

Copied from my worksheet:

Multicam – 27; 26 + 1 (me) paid
504ranger - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/10/15
Anopstyx - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/15/15
Anthony.L - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/8/15
arkansashntr - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/10/15
bayernbrett - 2 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/10/15
BeastModeV5 - 1 pc (multicam) LEFT-HAND – payment received 11/9/15
brobin10 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/9/15
caf82313 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/17/15
Charlie_Dont_Surf - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/10/15
dannyh - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/9/15
enew75 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/8/15
freeride1 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/11/15
geometro - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/8/15
gza069 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/8/15
hlb14 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/16/15
imacad - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/9/15
jcouncil17 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/9/15
Kelly - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/9/15
oberlin1 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/10/15
SeanQ - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/8/15
Shockwave - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/9/15
Soko10 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/9/15
tondeo53 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/14/15
veritas - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/11/15
wesfitz - 1 pc (multicam) – payment received 11/9/15

mrsaturn7085 - 1 pc (multicam) – me

Black - 26; 25 + 1 (me) paid
4C Dragon - 1 pc (black) LEFT-HAND – payment received 11/11/15
908ssp - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/9/15
Anopstyx* - 2 pc (black) – payment received 11/15/15
Ataim0002 - 2 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
azimuth - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/14/15
Chuchulainn - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/10/15
Chuckanut - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
ED4 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/14/15
FL_Pilot - 1 pc (black) - payment received 11/19/15
geometro* - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
gmthecoolguy - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/10/15
hambone54 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/12/15
haris_tareen - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/13/15
Johoevasmatrix - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/19/15
MOS95B - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/12/15
Oicani - 1 pc (black) - payment received 11/18/15
Putterboy101 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/14/15
Rocket929 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
RossB3 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/9/15
saboteur7271 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
SeanQ* - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
sniper1 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
texanmedic - 1 pc (black) LEFT-HAND – payment received 11/11/15

mrsaturn7085* - 1 pc (black) – me

Withdrawn orders:
10Auto - 1 pc (multicam) LEFT-HAND – payment request sent; no reply as of 11/19/15
bamaman3535
combs606 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment request sent; no reply as of 11/19/15
G3Kurz
HOTCHKIS
jsbsmarine
KBAR04 - 1 pc (multicam) – payment request sent; no reply as of 11/19/15
kirby25
Mr.Greene
omega21
PSG1 Nut - 1 pc (multicam) – payment request sent; submitting payment 11/16/15; no payment received as of 11/19/15

EDIT 11-13:

EDIT 14:

Got a response from LBT:

"Our current lead time is 10-12 weeks, due to some large government contract orders that came in last month after the EOY. I set the ship date for this order at 10 weeks out, and my reason for keying it ‘prematurely’ is so we can get it on the books sooner rather than later, since the lead time is already pretty long. If we can knock them out sooner, we certainly will."

EDIT 15-19:

EDIT 20:

Received the last 2 mailed payments and have moved the remaining 4 non-payment members to withdrawn orders. Payment is going in with LBT today! We are already in the production queue, so the 3-4 days in delayed payment will not cause any delay on the production side of things!

EDIT 21:

Payment has been made to LBT; estimated ship date (to me) is 1/19/16 and I hope to have ALL holsters shipped out within a week of receipt. I'll be using USPS Priority Flat Rate, which means (barring any delays) everyone should receive their orders approximately the first week of February 2016.

See less See more
#118 ·
I think the more likely resolution will be LBT shipping the mistake holsters back to themselves and re-selling them as BLEMs, while expediting a replacement batch back to me. I did not get a call back from them today, but by the time I got home and inspected the shipment, it was already 4:30 PM on the East coast. Stay tuned for more information Monday.

#121 · (Edited)
Another small, minor update- got a third box today containing the 3 LH holsters. The pattern seems to still be too small for the laser though they do have the additional seam I highlighted in the reference shot, above. Unfortunately, while labeled "LH" they are all right-hand holsters...

As far as I can tell, the whole order will need to be replaced. I will dig through the entire batch today and see if by chance any were sewn correctly - I'm sure a machine cuts the fabric based on a pre-designed pattern, but it's worth looking through the box, at least.

EDIT: Tried my HK45C w/laser in the "LH" holsters - it actually fits, but is VERY tight. Either way - they're right-handed so they will need to be exchanged.

#125 · (Edited)
Just took a full inventory - errors w/quantities listed in parenthesis:

2 Black LH - sewn as RH "P" pattern (2); tan tag (1)
1 MC LH - sewn as RH "P" pattern (1)
24 Black RH - sewn as RH "N" pattern (17)
26 MC RH - sewn as RH "N" pattern (26)

I have yet to verify the fit, but it looks like I have a total of 7 black RH holsters that were sewn/patterned correctly. If you are on the following list, and feel you have a legitimate *NEED* to get a holster before someone else (i.e. you have an upcoming scheduled and paid-for training class), please PM me. As long as LBT does NOT need the entire lot back (i.e. they only want the mistakes), and assuming these seven holsters fit my HK45C w/laser correctly, I will send out the priority orders early next week.

908ssp - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/9/15
Anopstyx* - 2 pc (black) – payment received 11/15/15
Ataim0002 - 2 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
azimuth - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/14/15
Chuchulainn - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/10/15
Chuckanut - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
ED4 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/14/15
FL_Pilot - 1 pc (black) - payment received 11/19/15
geometro* - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
gmthecoolguy - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/10/15
hambone54 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/12/15
Johoevasmatrix - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/19/15 - already PM'ed!
MOS95B - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/12/15 - PM'ed
Oicani - 1 pc (black) - payment received 11/18/15
Putterboy101 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/14/15
Rocket929 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
RossB3 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/9/15
saboteur7271 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
SeanQ* - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
sniper1 - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/8/15
SystemEncephale - 1 pc (black) – payment received 11/13/15

#126 ·
Just spoke to LBT and we are working on a resolution. They have requested further pictures, of the LH-marked, but RH-sewn holsters in particular.

Local user PM'ed to verify fit with a second pistol - if anyone is local to Portland, OR and has some time to meet up early this week, please PM me - I have a second LG-645 to check, if you do not have one on your gun.

A side note - the possibility of a group buy for the "N" holster is unlikely, as LBT has informed me that they no longer produce this pattern. The holsters we received are not the "N" pattern, but still may have been sewn too small.

#127 ·
LBT will be shipping a return label for the 3 LH-marked holsters tomorrow. My main contact is inquiring about the missing seam on all but 7 of the right-hand holsters before we decide on what action to take with those. The seam *should* be on all the holsters, but the actual purpose of the seam is what I am getting clarification on.

#132 ·
Local buyer hasn't responded via PM - just sent e-mail; if I don't hear back, I'll be meeting 'imacad' about an hour North of me so we can check the fit of his pistol and I can make a call with LBT on what to do. Still no definitive response on the missing seam.

LBT provided the return shipping tag for the LH-marked holsters; they are requesting I send my LG-645 for final fit, as well. I will be mailing this out AFTER meeting with the local buyer or 'imacad'.

#141 · (Edited)
Good news - with much appreciated help from a local GB participant, I think we've got the sizing issues resolved.

While tight, the HK45C-T w/standard (Mepro) sights will fit the holsters, as is (w/laser). The front sight is not as sharp as the Heinie standard height, and doesn't cause a hang-up like my pistol did. The standard (Mepro) rear sight *can* cause a hang-up (on holstering only - drawing is always smooth) due to the sharp front edge, but it will fit the holster! After some use, the rear will likely not snag. So, here is my plan:

The 6 remaining (correctly-sewn) black holsters will be sent out this weekend, in order of the 2 users with scheduled training classes, followed by payment order.

The 3 LH-marked holsters will be returned to LBT first thing next week (sorry lefties... unfortunately these are the only holsters that absolutely NEED to go back).

The remaining holsters are missing the box-stitch near the front. As far as we could tell, this box stitch is cosmetic, and may add just a *tiny* amount of snugness near the front of the laser. I will be returning these holsters to LBT to have the stitch added, with the following caveat:

If you have a paid order and personally don't care about the box-stitch, and would like your holster delivered as-is, please post in the thread (please do not PM me, as my inbox will fill) by Sunday @ midnight (2/21).

LBT will be calculating a pre-paid shipping return label on Monday, 2/22, so I cannot extend this beyond Sunday night - if you do not tell me that you want the holster as-is by Sunday night, you will need to wait until I get the entire order BACK from LBT before it will be shipped to you. If you choose to accept the holster as-is, and later want to have the box-stitch added, I believe you would be able to have LBT add this for you; though I can't guarantee this, they have been very accommodating for things like this in the past (for me).

Attached are a few images showing the fit w/standard sights. Images include the box-stitch black holster, the LH-marked multicam holster w/box stitch, and a RH-marked multicam holster w/o box stitch. There's also an image with the Ti-Rant 45S attached:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.