HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOSED - Group Buy: MK23 LAM Unit

27K views 53 replies 33 participants last post by  d5k_deutsche 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
EDIT
FEEDBACK FROM MANUFACTURER:

Thank you for your email and interest in our product.

As a 20 year employee and former Sales Director for this product into commercial distribution, I’m familiar with the MK23 enthusiast community. While pricing may be extremely elastic for the community, supplying niche products at small quantities does not fit within our business model. Unfortunately, short of a large (~5K) military contract, L3 is not inclined to resume production of the MK23 LAM.

Sincerely,

#42 ·
Now that the PEQ-14 actually has a worthy successor in Surefire's XVL2, I wonder if it'd be possible to interest Surefire in doing a limited run with the pic mount swapped for the MK23 rail as an alternative since L3 has pretty unequivocally said "no, never, forget it kid" on the LAM-1400.

#46 ·
I want to bring this back up. I know that L3 will tell me to kick rocks on this, and while @gator33 & I managed to get LOBOS to make us a SF style rail adapter and bring it to market im still itching for a LAM unit. Im going to reach out to a few local 3D modelers to see what we can do... perhaps a 3d printed LAM unit in teh vain of teh PHASE 1 MGS1 style. A housing that seats a modern light/laser? I know its nerdy as hell but it would be neat and would suit us MGS 1 nerd well. and lets not kid ourselves, 90% of teh people that dropped teh $2k on a MK23 are 80/90's babies who played MGS1 and want to clear their homes like it was shadow Moses island ( I say that with all respect, because its what I would do ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.