Farewell to Jim Schatz (G3Kurz) - Page 21
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell to Jim Schatz (G3Kurz)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Farewell to Jim Schatz (G3Kurz)

Wow. I never knew him personally but reading his contributions on the forum over the years I began to feel like I did. As many have said before, when it came to HK, his word on a subject was pretty much accepted as gospel. Prayers for his family and those that knew him well. As much as will be missed here, I'm sure not nearly as much as at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In this house we serve the Lord, but we use H&K.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

RIP and condolences.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Been out of town--- say it ain't so--- Jim (and his knowledge) will be highly missed around here--- prayers to Jim, his family, and his friends!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I haven't been on too much in the last few weeks, but this was not what I was expecting to see. Jim, you will be missed immensely. RIP and my condolences to the family

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am very saddened to read this and to find out this morning. My prayers for his family.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimSchatzgodson16 View Post
    Hello all, I would like to introduce myself, I am Jim Schatz's nephew/godson. I found this post and was soooo sad yet so happy to see all the wonderful heartfelt comments that have poured in on how amazing, helpful and just down to earth kind of person that he was. Just think he was my life, and I cherished every moment I had with him. This is a tough tough time for our family, specially his mother. These comments have helped me soo much coping with this tragedy that has obviously impacted so many people that we could never understand, until now, seeing all your pictures and comments. So I ask, if you all would post any pictures you have and your comments, I'm going to make a scrap book with it all in as a memory. Thank you all soo much and this has helped my family greatly through this tough time. RIP UNCLE JIM! I love you and a piece of my heart is gone and will never be replaced. I got it from here, Godspeed.
    Your uncle was a very nice man who I only met through this forum. He always answered all questions he could and shared the knowledge and information he had. I wish you and your family the best and I hope you all can heal as best you can. Know that he will be missed, and not just because of his knowledge, but because he was a genuinely good and nice man.

Take care,
    Bryan

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Saw this obituary posted today:

James R. Schatz, Jr.
    December 10, 1959 - March 16, 2017
    U.S. Veteran
    Service Date: March 25, 2017
    SharePrintLogin to Subscribe
    Obituaries » James R. Schatz, Jr.

ObituaryGuestbookOrder Flowers
    James Richard Schatz, Jr., 57, of Lovettsville, Virginia, ascended this earth to our Lord on March 16, 2017. Jim was born in Souderton, PA on December 10, 1959. He enlisted in the Army in 1977 following his graduation from Souderton High School. He served as a para-trooper with the 82nd Air Borne, a shooter and instructor with the Army Marksmanship Unit, and most famously as an officer for Heckler and Koch. Through his time with H&K he became known as the guru of all things H&K. Later in life, Jim carried the standard for a new armament program for the modern U.S. army soldier and fought fiercely to get the best equipment in the hands of the infantry. He spent most of his life dedicating his career, time and effort to assisting the American war fighter on and off the battlefield. Regardless of professional and technical disagreements, all knew Jim as a man of character and substance. He was a patriot who was proud of his country, the United States of America.

Jim was an individual whose merits were known through his reputation. Forthright, modest, and generous, Jim brought passion, integrity and hard work to every endeavor and inspired many. He worked ceaselessly on behalf of Boulder Crest Retreat and was an active member of St. Peters Episcopal Church. His passions included his German Shepherds, running, and driving his Mustang. His mountaineering accomplishments included summiting Mt. Rainier, the Grand Teton, Mont Blanc in France, Cotopaxi in Ecuador and trekking the Alps Haute Route. At the top of the mountain is where he felt closest to God.

His greatest love was his wife Wynell. Their profound and deep devotion for one another overflowed to family, friends and community.

He was preceded in death by his father James Schatz Sr., his beloved niece, Amber and his nephews, Bryan and Matthew. He is survived by his wife Wynell, his mother Pearl Eileen Schatz, his siblings Diane Clifford, Debra Gehringer, Denise Schatz, his dogs Josepp and Andi, as well as numerous nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be held at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Purceville, Virginia on March 25th at 5:30 pm. The reception will follow at McCray Hall at St. Peter’s. In lieu of flowers, please send all donations to Boulder Crest Retreat. Boulder Crest Retreat Jim will be interned at Arlington National Cemetery; date to be determined.

Obituaries | Hall Funeral Home

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What a tremendous loss for us in the HK community and heartfelt condolences to his family. I have been an HKPRO follower on a wide range of threads simply because I followed Jim's posts and the knowledge he shared with the community. May God Bless him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was honored to meet him at the last HK-fest well respected and truly a humble person. See you in the heavens brother Para 325 ABN INF.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I was a young Captain in the Marine Corps, Jim personally set me up with my HK account. I remember how kind he was to me, and he helped out often over the years until he retired. Recently I reached out to thank him again here on HKPro. Glad I did....

Here's a great article he wrote about two years ago. http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.o...SmallArms.aspx
    Last edited by AGTtactical; 03-21-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links