Farewell to Jim Schatz (G3Kurz)
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell to Jim Schatz (G3Kurz)

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Default Farewell to Jim Schatz (G3Kurz)

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I share that our friend, Jim Schatz (G3Kurz), died yesterday.

Jim meant so much to all of us. To many within the Heckler and Koch community, Jim was an irreplaceable wealth of knowledge on all things H&K. His extensive experience on the inner workings of the company, the vast catalog of weapons and many of the development and fielding programs was immeasurable. He shared this knowledge freely and we all benefited, knowing that we could not have acquired it elsewhere.

Many of you may have been unaware of the huge efforts Jim also championed on behalf of our constitutional gun rights and improving the military procurement programs, the latter of which were in effort to ensure that our service members receive the best weapons, not just those from those from the lowest bidders. Most notably, in 2015, Jim was recognized by the National Defense Industrial Association with the prestigious Chinn Award. This award is presented annually to honor a government or industry individual who, in the opinion of the Small Arms Committee Executive Board, has made significant contributions to the field of small arms and/or infantry weapons systems.

To me personally, Jim was a dear and trusted friend and mentor. An Army Paratrooper of the highest order; proud and supremely confident; deeply loyal and committed. Over the years he helped me significantly by providing sound advice, recommendations and guidance, as well as just being a good listener. He set a great example for me of what a professional should be and I would truly not be in the place I am now, without his generous efforts.

Looking back now on several memories in small groups and private settings, I can smile and laugh at many of the hilarious stories he shared with me from his experiences over the years. Stories that are now lost, but because he shared them with me, they are not forgotten.

I am a far better person for having known Jim and our world is a much emptier place without him now.

For his family and friends, I wish that the pain of this great loss is soon replaced by cherished memories. Fair winds and following seas, Jim.
    SF,

James

TEUFELSHUND TACTICAL

Heckler and Koch Certified Master Armorer
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor

Heckler and Koch Law Enforcement Dealer
    FFL/SOT
    Lead Instructor, Haley Strategic Partners

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I had just received confirmation of the news when James made this post. Jim will be missed by many. My thoughts and prayers to his spirit, his family and friends. Rest in peace...
    "Crushing the bejeezus out of targets since 1968!"

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This is a tough blow to the HK community and it is an undisputed fact that Jim was a lion among us. He will be missed.
    Sparkplugs are irrelevant.
    Plenty of HK's and clones.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Truly sorry to hear this, I thoroughly enjoyed all of the information he shared here, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What!?! Oh man - that is a huge loss to the community. He was a bastion of knowledge, and I learned so much by reading his posts over the years. He was pretty young as I recall - what happened?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is terrible news. Requiescat en pace.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Damn...I was hoping I was reading the title wrong.

To say that Jim was a fountain of HK knowledge would be an understatement.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn, a huge loss to the HK community.
    Dushan
    "Not by strength by guile"

IWI X95 / IWI TAVOR / AR15 / HK VP9 / HK P2000 /Walther PPS / Walther "HK" MP5 A5

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

This really sucks to hear.

One of the most knowledgeable and informed voices in the entire firearms community, and a very respected member of hkpro.

God Bless Jim, and deepest sympathies to his family.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CambridgeGuy View Post
    What!?! Oh man - that is a huge loss to the community. He was a bastion of knowledge, and I learned so much by reading his posts over the years. He was pretty young as I recall - what happened?
    Not certain, but out of respect to the family, let us allow time to reveal the manner and moment. Let's not speculate.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links