+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: My HK 21 taking shape

  1. #1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Location : VA
    Posts : 168

    Default My HK 21 taking shape

    TSC Machine is doing my build

    Put together and not welded...










    The 91 serial number getting ready to be folded up onto the feed box. The 21 Trunnion is welded into the receiver.



    "Beware of the Man with one gun...he probably isnt into guns enough to be safe with it."

  2. #2
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Alexandria, VA
    Posts : 5,262

    Default

    So, will it be ready by New Years?

  3. #3
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    The Punisher's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Posts : 877

    Default

    Very cool. Can you tell us about the parts and explain the HK91/serial number fold? Factory, U.S. made, etc?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more HK.

  4. #4
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Location : VA
    Posts : 168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    So, will it be ready by New Years?
    At the rate Mike is moving maybe... :)

  5. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Location : VA
    Posts : 168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    Very cool. Can you tell us about the parts and explain the HK91/serial number fold? Factory, U.S. made, etc?


    The SN fold is because to build a 21 the magwell is completely removed from the 91 receiver to make room for the belt feed box and feed mech. Since the serial number is on the magwell removal of the serial number would be a major no-no with ATF. This technique gets around that by technically never removing the serial number from the receiver. If I remember right it was pioneered by Terry Dyer when he was working for Vollmer many years ago.


    FMP Parts kit. Factory German HK 91 receiver. It will have a 21e clubfoot stock.

  6. #6
    H&K Certified Armorer
    Chopstix Kid's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2007
    Location : Michigan
    Age : 43
    Posts : 7,360

    Default

    And you guys cring at how I carve around the s/n on an SL8/G36 conversion, lol.
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer - USP, MP5, HK416, UMP, G36, BTG

    www.dakotatactical.com
    www.facebook.com/DakotaTactical
    twitter.com/DakotaTactical
    youtube.com/DakotaTactical
    instagram.com/DakotaTactical


    War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~ Bertrand Russell


  7. #7
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    The Punisher's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Posts : 877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MP5_ForTheWin View Post
    The SN fold is because to build a 21 the magwell is completely removed from the 91 receiver to make room for the belt feed box and feed mech. Since the serial number is on the magwell removal of the serial number would be a major no-no with ATF. This technique gets around that by technically never removing the serial number from the receiver. If I remember right it was pioneered by Terry Dyer when he was working for Vollmer many years ago.


    FMP Parts kit. Factory German HK 91 receiver. It will have a 21e clubfoot stock.
    This is very interesting and sounds like a neat idea. Do you have any reference photos of guns in this similar fashion? I'd like to see how this looks on a completed gun. Thanks.

  8. #8
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Posts : 12,585

    Default

    Good luck on the build!!!
    Post pics when completed.

    Tony

  9. #9
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Nov 2008
    Location : VA
    Posts : 168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix Kid View Post
    And you guys cring at how I carve around the s/n on an SL8/G36 conversion, lol.
    I've never cringed... :) ATF makes annoying policy all the time... You do what you have to, to work within it....

  10. #10
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    ptoguy's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2007
    Location : 4th floor, Cubicle #K32
    Posts : 892

    Default

    Love the in-process build pics....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

hk 21

,

hk 21 build

,
hk 21 parts kit
,
hk 21 receiver
,
hk 21 tsc
,

hk21

,

hk21 build

,
hk21 feed box
,
hk21 parts kit
,

hk21 receiver

,
hk21 receiver box
,
hk21 trunnion
Click on a term to search for related topics.