+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK Pro members C93 upgrade going home..

HKPRO Contributor

Default HK Pro members C93 upgrade going home..

thank you sir..

Ghilliebear
    Us Army (Ret) INFANTRY.
    I AM MY COUNTRY'S STRENGTH
    IN WAR!

http://www.prusikusa.com/
    918-696-8715
    918-781-3939

HKPRO Professional

Nice

N.I.C.E........Mine is coming in for this upgrade to Parabellum Combat Services soon :D

Unrepentant HKHolic

Heck, century ought to just let GB finish these guns out. No angry monkeys here.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Praetorian View Post
    Heck, century ought to just let GB finish these guns out. No angry monkeys here.
    + 1. He does a great job on them.
    P7 x 3 (For my three sons)
    MP5 (Ghillie Build)

Very Senior Member

Seems to me that CENTURY could care less about these guns being RIGHT! They never answered phone or e-mail messages from me.
    The ALMIGHTY DOLLAR is all they're into and as long as poor, uninformed, INNOCENT and usually first time Roller Lock owners continue to buy them they make it (also a lot of their OTHER type firearms)!
    As long as people like Jeff can repair them and get them PERFECT, most owners eventually end up converted and VERY HAPPY!!
    It really is too bad they DON'T get GHILLIE to finish the guns. Then we'd have something equal to the HK-93, with a price that would probably be no higher than a new PTR !
    The parts CENTURY uses are really quite good (at least on the ones I have closely examined at shops/shows locally), or at least mine were, except for the lower housing being totally out of spec (trigger pack sat WAY too low in the lower housing-made gun SINGLE SHOT/HAND EJECT ONLY). The bolt thankfully had NOT been ground to get bolt gap correct, had matching bolt and carrier numbers, and the welds looked good except for the missing, OF COURSE, groove/trunnion welds.
    Mine also at least had a STRAIGHT front sight stand and parts were very lightly used with matching numbers. It now is a reliable piece although I would go with a RCM barrel and new (GERMAN) trunnion if I had it to do over again although the CENTURY installed barrel shoots TIGHT groups as is, though.
    Right now it shoots ALMOST as well as the my old HK-93 that I FOOLISHLY let go in early '92!!
    Every one who owns a "PROBLEMATIC" C-93 should read the "GLOWING" review in Shooting Illustrated a couple years back. (I e-mailed author with list of MY troubles and links to sites like HKPro detailing the MULTITUDES of UNHAPPY owners and he sent back a note that mine must have been an exception!!)!
    I read another review somewhere that also had a flawless gun. CAI must actually have SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT TO DO, A REAL GUNSMITH/TOOLMAKER/MACHINIST, build the guns that get sent out for published reviews and the magazine reviewers really do NOT get the average "off the shelf" piece that you and I get!
    Still, if you're willing to have GHILLIE do it up right, the basic C-93 doesn't cost that much more than the parts sets do and after GHILLIE does his thing it is equal to original HK-93's, IMHO!! (Even though resale wouldn't be as good)
    You are a GOOD GUY, GHILLIE, and better yet, HONEST!
    Keep up the GOOD WORK!
    BE SAFE Bro',
    BANGER
    Ubi concordia, ibi victoria - "Where is the unity, there is the victory."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HKPRO Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by BANGER53 View Post
    Seems to me that CENTURY could care less about these guns being RIGHT! They never answered phone or e-mail messages from me.
    The ALMIGHTY DOLLAR is all they're into and as long as poor, uninformed, INNOCENT and usually first time Roller Lock owners continue to buy them they make it (also a lot of their OTHER type firearms)!
    As long as people like Jeff can repair them and get them PERFECT, most owners eventually end up converted and VERY HAPPY!!
    It really is too bad they DON'T get GHILLIE to finish the guns. Then we'd have something equal to the HK-93, with a price that would probably be no higher than a new PTR !
    The parts CENTURY uses are really quite good (at least on the ones I have closely examined at shops/shows locally), or at least mine were, except for the lower housing being totally out of spec (trigger pack sat WAY too low in the lower housing-made gun SINGLE SHOT/HAND EJECT ONLY). The bolt thankfully had NOT been ground to get bolt gap correct, had matching bolt and carrier numbers, and the welds looked good except for the missing, OF COURSE, groove/trunnion welds.
    Mine also at least had a STRAIGHT front sight stand and parts were very lightly used with matching numbers. It now is a reliable piece although I would go with a RCM barrel and new (GERMAN) trunnion if I had it to do over again although the CENTURY installed barrel shoots TIGHT groups as is, though.
    Right now it shoots ALMOST as well as the my old HK-93 that I FOOLISHLY let go in early '92!!
    Every one who owns a "PROBLEMATIC" C-93 should read the "GLOWING" review in Shooting Illustrated a couple years back. (I e-mailed author with list of MY troubles and links to sites like HKPro detailing the MULTITUDES of UNHAPPY owners and he sent back a note that mine must have been an exception!!)!
    I read another review somewhere that also had a flawless gun. CAI must actually have SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT TO DO, A REAL GUNSMITH/TOOLMAKER/MACHINIST, build the guns that get sent out for published reviews and the magazine reviewers really do NOT get the average "off the shelf" piece that you and I get!
    Still, if you're willing to have GHILLIE do it up right, the basic C-93 doesn't cost that much more than the parts sets do and after GHILLIE does his thing it is equal to original HK-93's, IMHO!! (Even though resale wouldn't be as good)
    You are a GOOD GUY, GHILLIE, and better yet, HONEST!
    Keep up the GOOD WORK!
    BE SAFE Bro',
    BANGER
    thank you sir...

+ Reply to Thread

Ads