HKPRO Forums banner

G36/G36 Clone pic thread

100K views 322 replies 99 participants last post by  Reaperatm 
#1 · (Edited)
Can we start a G36/G36 Conversion/Clone picture thread? I have been talking with some members about my recently completed "K" clone of the new HK/Walther G36 .22LR and I have starting working on a "C" HK/Walther in .22. I love the G36 and will be getting a 5.56 conversion "C" soon and would love to have a picture thread showing members -36s in one thread. To start the thread I included the pic of the .22LR "K" and a photo of my friends real G36KE we shoot every now and then. I know a lot of you members have a lot of great G36 conversions/clones and have hands-on real ones and since I did not find a G36 thread please jump in and start it! Here is my humble start:

See less See more
#10 ·
Amazing job. looks just like the real deal! There is something genuinely sexy about the G36K. I remember, back in the days, when I saw this gun in the PC game Rainbow Six. It was by far the most futuristic and good looking rifle. Still today, it is the coolest one among the G36 family. The stock one is a bit too long, 36C looks like a compressed pug but K is just so well balanced!

I like it even more with the stock Hensoldt red dot, even though it is sub standard compared to newer red dots ofc. People must be quite interested when you bring it to the range! The select fire trigger group is original or engraved as well?

#11 ·
Thank you, and I agree!

All of the parts are original HK. It is a parts kit with a destroyed receiver that I photoshopped as mentioned in my previous post to look like a complete G36 so I do not take it to the range as it cannot function. I do have an SL8-1/G36K conversion that almost looks the same, it just has an extended pinned and welded on flash hider for the barrel to meet legal Title I length, and a semi automatic SL8-1 trigger group in an FBI 2 position trigger housing. I'm going to SBR it soon. That conversion does get a lot of attention at the range! Some people have no idea what it is, so they ask questions. Every once in a while some people will ask what type of AR it is too. And rarely you run into someone who knows what it actually is!

#12 ·
G36 collection

G36 Collection

The two complete conversion were done by the one and only T Bostic

Attachments

#16 ·
Thanks, I have Tom Bostic doing another one for me now with the Knights armament handguard he's gonna duracoat it coyote tan as well Ill have to post some pics up once it's done, I'm just doing the custom SL8 stock with the HK KV stock and not the full conversion. That option keeps the length of pull the same or a little less than the full conversion, so if you're on a budget it's a great way to go, I just had to buy the hanguard , KV Stock, G36 bolt & magwell so you don't have to purchase an entire demilled kit and pay to have the g36 stub polymer welded, if you provide the KV Stock he charges 150 to do the custom stock , 225$ to mill n fill the magwell, 150$ to reprofile the barrel, then if you want duracoat another 300$ but it saves u at least a thousand from not having to buy a demilled G36

#23 ·
I found one on Gunbroker and the other on this website, but they're really hard to find (KAC RAIL)

I'll post the most recent conversion T Bostic did, I used a HK KV Stock and made a custom SL8 stock which has a great length of pull even an inch or so less then the full conversion with full length stock

Attachments

#30 ·
Thanks, I think the IDZ stock looks really good. I've got the HK243 keymod handguard on backorder from German Gunworks, but it hasn't shipped yet. I saw they have a handguard like the polymer G36 one, but made from aluminum, but I'm not really interested in that one.

#31 ·
I bet that would look fantastic.

I have the G36K aluminium IDZ handguard, but it scratched my receiver fairly deep when sliding it on for the first time to see how it felt so I keep it off and just keep it as a neat item.

The IDZ stock looks great. If/when the HK293 arrives, I'd like one with that stock, the low rail with iron sites that flip, and an original G36C front end (If possible or available)