HKPRO Forums banner

not your average G3 clone

16K views 40 replies 31 participants last post by  Stormfront 
#1 · (Edited)
heres my iranian G3 Clone, parts compliment of an insurgent who didnt need them. i am waiting on ATF approval to move the serial number so i can have the iranian markings welded on the magazine well . the NVS scope is fully operational

See less See more
#8 ·
Congratulations on a great find.

#13 ·
I guess the Shah must have really liked Germanic things. He was a shareholder in Daimler-Benz and was one of the driving forces behind the development of the Mercedes/Puch G-Wagen.

#14 ·
You get this from his death cold fingers???

#16 · (Edited)
AK43 your right i usually am over on the files,

here's the background on the rifle

we had been getting intel on the insurgents moving the the hills from Muhallabia to Tal afar to avaoid detection since it dumped out right into the suriah neighborhood (insurgent stronghold, real bad place). so we humped into a position for target interdiction in the hills to the south east side of tal afar. night passed pretty uneventful about early morning we see two guys walking through the draws. one carrying an AK, the other a G3. once they came into range I fired with my M-14 (M-21 for you old guys)sniper rifle and took the guy with the G3 down. the other guy started to look around and move when the second round hit him and took him down. we linked up with our QRF and moved to the site where the bodies lay. we took pics and went through their back packs, inside we found the Night vision sight, a beretta model 12 sub gun, mags, bayonet and some other items of intrest. we gathered up the bodies and equipment and headed back to the FOB. the two ****heads were a syrian and jordanian we were told later. when time came to leave i did a commanders letter and brought the specific pieces back. were the rifle came from i dont know. it was the second G3 we had come across in as many weeks.

magwell pics

#1 Lion of Persia

#2 G3 Markings

#20 ·
Thank you for your service!!!!!!!!
I am glad you are the one who ended up with the trophy.
Continue to be safe and keep up the situational awareness.

Awesome piece!!! I hope you can enjoy the rifle when you get back home.
Is that a Russian night vision scope?

#21 ·
Thanks for your service too!!!
You see what most of the liberals in Europe are negating,
there is a real terrorism import into Iraq!!!
Bull**** Jihadys!
Infidel forever!!!

@ USMCMP5A3
The night vision scope looks like the old BIV Orion II
that we had in the German Bundeswehr untill mid 90s
for our old G3s and MG3s!!!

http://www.zeiss.de/C1257088004A3F3C/EmbedTitelIntern/Nachtsichtmodule/$File/Nachtsichtmodule.pdf

They are obsolete since we have our G36
with the much newer NSA 80!!!

#24 ·
GermanFritze thanks for the link on the NVS. i was wondering what kind it was as it is clear and operational. i zeroed it last week at 100yds. i wish i wouldnt have misplaced the arabic marked steel mag.

still waiting on ATF to give me the go ahead to move the serial numbers so i can make it more authentic with the iranian marking.

#27 ·
THAT IS AWESOME...

but I gotta ask, how did ya get it back to the states?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.