OK guys, would love to see images of completed G3 SG/1 or HK33 SG/1 clones or real ones.
"please educate yourself before making embarrasing comments"
It's a Zeiss Diavari 1.5-6x36. It came with the rifle when it was delivered to the London SO19 in the seventies. And now one of my most prized posessions :)
I recently bought a G3 SG/1 parts kit and it came with a Schmidt & Bender 1.5 - 6x42 scope and sniper claw mount. I also received all of the manuals that came with the original rifle ( I scanned the manuals and if anybody needs copies I can email images of them just PM me). I was able to acquire a brand new original green wood box for it from Numrich.
This is an image of the markings of the rifle before it was demilled.
Sorry about the delay but Paul 123. Should be posting a recent pic of my G3SG-1 Clone when he gets to work.
William's G3SG-1 Trigger pack. Mine is the trigger pack he shows on his new web page. Steel Trigger pack W/ERGO PSG-1/Grip. Mr. Williams also installed an HK MSG 90 AMBI Safety.
JLD Flutted Heavy 20 inch barrel.
JFK MSG 90 Cocking Tube
JFK MSG 90 front sight
BLK/MKT 21 cocking handle
BLK/MKT MSG 90 Stock with HK MSG 90 Buffer
AZEX 1913 pictinny rail, Machined down to low profile spec's
IGF reinforcing rails
The weapon was built by Jayson of IGF.
P.S. JFK also makes a great low profile rail.
PM me if you have any question?
This is my recently acquired FMP PARS G3S with:
• Custom McArthur SS muzzle brake
• H&K port buffer
• H&K furniture w/spare slimline forearm
• H&K light bipod
• H&K adjustable PSG-style pistol grip
• ARMS STANAG mount
• Williams Trigger Specialties action job & contour trigger
• Buffer Technologies shock-buff
• E&L stock extension and cheekpiece
Still debating which optic to mount on her....
Last edited by STInky; 01-15-2010 at 08:57 PM.
HK SG1 Clone built by IGF:
The rest of the rifle was one of the new in the white FMP G3 kits. I have not been able to shoot this rifle yet and I doubt if I will untill spring but I will give a range report when I get a chance.
- PTR receiver
- IGF HK Flash hidder
- US made HK21 cocking handle
- PTR hammer, sear, trigger: Williams Trigger Specialites SG1 set trigger. With 4 the 4.5 pounds of pull on regular semi auto and 2 to 2.5 pounds of pull on set trigger.
- cliped and pined lower
- paddle mag release
- jdowney US made PSG1 grip ( This thing is really nice!!)
- HK SG1 stock with heavy HK buffer
- Ziess Diavari 1.5-6 by 42mm scope with BDC turrets, mounted in an original HK claw mount with built in 30mm rings
- L profile receiver rails
Here is a link to the build thread:
Last edited by The_Great_308; 01-16-2010 at 06:27 PM.
That is a beautiful Gun!
Who made the grip? Do they sell them somewhere?