+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reno Gun Shops

Default Reno Gun Shops

Hey Guys, I was wondering if anyone in the Reno area knew of a local gun shop that had the HK45C in stock? Everything I've read about this gun and the competition has me thinking this will be my new carry weapon. All I need to convince me to drop the cash is to hold it and make sure it is a good fit. Any leads? I've tried Silver State Arms and Sportsman's Warehouse.

Of course I could just call around but I end up working all day long and don't find the time to do that. In fact when I called Sportsman's about the HK45C they said they had it in but it was the USPc. So, I got a bit discouraged with calling and am hoping someone here had a lead. Much appreciated!

Edit: Or maybe if someone in the area owns one personally we could meet up, chat about guns for a bit and I could test it out. Would be willing to buy a sandwich for your time. I'm pretty novice in the whole gun world but am very enthusiastic about it.
    Last edited by bunthius; 05-22-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Adding something I forgot.

I would try Cabales..
    Last edited by airborne_trooper; 05-24-2008 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne_trooper View Post
    I would try Cabales..
    Hey thanks man, I found an HK45C at Bizarre Guns. Nice shop too, a lot of selection. They only had one in stock and it looked like it was handled quite a bit so I decided not to get it, but it did feel perfect in my hand so I am sold and will be ordering a fresh one.

I did visit Cabelas too which is a great place! I am new to Reno and so I've never been. They only had the full size so I am still sitting here with no HK. Very soon though I will have one. Can't wait.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

bizarre is known for ripoff prices and total junk. i would check gun trader on plumb. there was the best shop in the world here years ago called T&G or T&L ran by a vietnamese guy. they only had assualt style weapons and mostly class 3 stuff. i remember saving up for a m16 w/m209 for only 4200.00!! but a gang broke in thru the roof and cleaned them out. check the gun shows, prob your best bet in reno currently

Quote Originally Posted by mickey6 View Post
    bizarre is known for ripoff prices and total junk. i would check gun trader on plumb. there was the best shop in the world here years ago called T&G or T&L ran by a vietnamese guy. they only had assualt style weapons and mostly class 3 stuff. i remember saving up for a m16 w/m209 for only 4200.00!! but a gang broke in thru the roof and cleaned them out. check the gun shows, prob your best bet in reno currently
    Ahh, that makes sense about bizarre and is why I didn't buy one. When I saw the HK45 at Cabelas it was much cleaner. why spend $995 on it when it looks worn? So I left.

Hah, I keep hoping to find a shop like you described T&G to be. I've been to gun trader when I was looking for a 1911, this was before I found out about the HK45 series so I may try them again, either that or I may just put in order in at Sportsman's. Thanks for your suggestions.

As far as gun shows, I could only find ones July 26-27(Crossroads of the West) and August 22-24(Big Reno Show). Any others I should be keeping my eye out for?
    Last edited by bunthius; 05-27-2008 at 12:33 AM.

Thumbs down crossroads show

I can not stand the crossroads show..... There is ammo vendor that is ok for picking up bulk ammo.... You will not find much HK stuff there, just junk and not allot of gun stuff....

The "Hilton" or the big reno show is ok..... The best gun shows where in NC....

and again just me!!! I can not stand the gun trader.... The last time I was in there some guy told me my Nightforce 2.5X10 scope was outdated and had never heard of LMT ARs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways welcome to Reno!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll pass on the crossroads show. I've never been to a gun show and don't want to get a bad first impression. I'll wait until the hilton.

I've heard of LMT ARs and I haven't even begun to get into the world of assault rifles. Someday I will get into them more but have been loving pistols ever since I became really interested in shooting early this year.

Thanks for the warm welcome man. And hey if you ever need a friend to go out shooting with, me and my brothers and some guys from my work go out quite a lot. Just let me know.

Just caught this, welcome to the biggest little truckstop in the world!

Bizzare used to be ok when a friend of mine worked there, after that it was trash, they wont negotiate and they are high priced. Irritates me because last time i was in there they had every custom color USP compact under the glass. Guntrader is trash also, guy there argued with me about there not being a .45 caliber uzi pistol when i used to own one. T&L was the place! That was actually a good friend of mines father that ran that, he still does class 3 stuff, just not high profile. He fitted my last M4 can for me. If your lookin that way and have money for em i could probably arrange somethin. You can try sprotsman but they keep all their handguns on hangers and bang them together all the time, makes me wince when i see it. Cabelas actually isnt that bad price wise, suprised me. Best bet is make friends with a FFL, you cant hardly walk down the street and not run into one out here.

Crossroads is trash less you want to get ammo. The "big" show at the GSR aka Hilton is worth wasting a couple hours to walk through, but its not as nice as it used to be, prices are high on almost anything less you get lucky.
    Last edited by Elite96; 07-11-2008 at 02:38 AM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot.

Don't Talk..
    X- x-

Thanks for the info man. I'll keep it in mind. Yeah, I've noticed that about sportsman's but I would never buy one straight from the rack. Maybe I'm too picky but I'd only by a "new" gun from a shop if it is in stock NIB.

I think I'll wait for the "big" show. Don't want my first gun show to turn me off from them forever.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

the only thing bad i heard about the big reno gun show is that the promoter is a spy for the ATF and actually tries to set up vendors to get busted... theres way too many good deals for nice things online lately and id be more likely to spend my money with a reputable seller here on HKPRO or sturmgewehr. i am going to check out the crossroads show at the end of this month in reno since i have a badge from the phoenix show already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links