+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ And "Assault Weapons"

Default NJ And "Assault Weapons"

I haven't had the time to research NJ laws yet but do we have restrictions on "Assault Weapons"? Massachusetts did also but there were "Pre-Ban" weapons & Hi-Cap magazines available.

I have a Cobray M-11 and an Intratec DC-9 that I'd like to bring here. They were given to me from a friend unloading his collection because he got a DUI. I merely had them in case D-Day arrived.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRSO View Post
    I haven't had the time to research NJ laws yet but do we have restrictions on "Assault Weapons"? Massachusetts did also but there were "Pre-Ban" weapons & Hi-Cap magazines available.

I have a Cobray M-11 and an Intratec DC-9 that I'd like to bring here. They were given to me from a friend unloading his collection because he got a DUI. I merely had them in case D-Day arrived.

Yes we have a assault ban. There are ways around it. However, no pre-bans and no mags over fifteen rounds.

It would take forever to "try" to explain the laws of our wonderful state. Your better off doing your own research. Then coming back with any questions. I'm sure you will have many.

I believe that Cobray and Intratec are both banned by name and features. I could be wrong on this. I haven't seen one in this state in over fifteen years.
    Last edited by totalabuse; 02-23-2008 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
    Yes we have a assault ban. There are ways around it. However, no pre-bans and no mags over fifteen rounds.

It would take forever to "try" to explain the laws of our wonderful state. Your better off doing your own research. Then coming back with any questions. I'm sure you will have many.

I believe that Cobray and Intratec are both banned by name and features. I could be wrong on this. I haven't seen one in this state in over fifteen years.
    Wait, they banned a firearm for the "name"?

I know has far as ARs go there can be no bayonet lug, no collapsible stock, no mags over 15 rounds and no flash suppressors.

Wait, they banned a firearm for the "name"?
    Not for, rather by. There is a list of specificly named firearms that can't be owned. Also a list of features that certain firearms cannot have. This will all make slightly more sence once you read the laws.

Very Senior Member

you want to look at the NJSP new jersey state police website under public information /firearms information. there will be a pdf with all the state laws. their firearms investigation unit in trenton handles all gun related questions as well. those guns are on the banned list, as well as qualifying on our assault pistol banned features list. ( double no.)

for what it's worth:
    theres a list of specifically named banned guns. ( AK-47, M-16, M-14, M-1 carbine, m-11/9, m-10/45, tec-9, tec-22, etc. the list is like 40 guns long, and includes most HK guns)

you can own clones of specifically named banned guns, as long as they meet the banned feature list. ( yes for SA-M7, PTR-91, V-93, CA-94, AR-15, M1A)

no semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine may have two or more of the following features: pistol grip, collapsable or folding stock, bayonet lug, flash suppressor or threaded barrel to accept one.

all guns, no mag over 15-rounds.

the state has an assault pistol law as well, (which eliminates just about every desirable HK mp-5k mp-5 type pistol, even clones, as well.) :
    must be under 50 oz. and may not have two or more of the following features:
    barrel shroud ( forward handguard included), threaded barrel, magazine that attaches outside of the pistol-grip, so...unless you can find a swiss cheese variant, no-go.

it is a felony to have any banned item on the list, even if you don't own the gun it goes to. and, NJ law states that you own firearms in this state at your own risk, and to seek a lawyer for any firearms related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by mil-collector View Post
    you want to look at the NJSP new jersey state police website under public information /firearms information. there will be a pdf with all the state laws. their firearms investigation unit in trenton handles all gun related questions as well. those guns are on the banned list, as well as qualifying on our assault pistol banned features list. ( double no.)

for what it's worth:
    theres a list of specifically named banned guns. ( AK-47, M-16, M-14, M-1 carbine, m-11/9, m-10/45, tec-9, tec-22, etc. the list is like 40 guns long, and includes most HK guns)

you can own clones of specifically named banned guns, as long as they meet the banned feature list. ( yes for SA-M7, PTR-91, V-93, CA-94, AR-15, M1A)

no semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine may have two or more of the following features: pistol grip, collapsable or folding stock, bayonet lug, flash suppressor or threaded barrel to accept one.

all guns, no mag over 15-rounds.

the state has an assault pistol law as well, (which eliminates just about every desirable HK mp-5k mp-5 type pistol, even clones, as well.) :
    must be under 50 oz. and may not have two or more of the following features:
    barrel shroud ( forward handguard included), threaded barrel, magazine that attaches outside of the pistol-grip, so...unless you can find a swiss cheese variant, no-go.

it is a felony to have any banned item on the list, even if you don't own the gun it goes to. and, NJ law states that you own firearms in this state at your own risk, and to seek a lawyer for any firearms related questions.
    Yup. Pretty brutal. Cant wait til I leave.

Very Senior Member

But you can own the HK USC. (at least for now)

Put it this way, its the second worst state to live in as a gun owner

Talking

Place them in a "safe place". I have yet seen a device that can see thru walls.:)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links