+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NYC handgun permit - process getting even faster

bhh

I think this theory is most probably correct.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by Caraballoso View Post
    Anyone get approved with a less then perfect record? Did it take longer then the new 2 month average.
    Granted I'm not in NYC, so doesn't apply to quite the degree as it does for you poor souls, but my record wasn't squeaky clean and I had no issues getting my permit. DWAI in college, couple other arrests for petty BS, such as unknowingly driving on suspended license, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Javic View Post
    Granted I'm not in NYC, so doesn't apply to quite the degree as it does for you poor souls, but my record wasn't squeaky clean and I had no issues getting my permit. DWAI in college, couple other arrests for petty BS, such as unknowingly driving on suspended license, etc.
    How long was the process?

I think it took a total of about 3 - 4 months. I'm in Rockland County.

For the arrests I just had to provide disposition letters from the courts associated, which were easily obtained with a phone call and request letter to the courts.

Do they issue permits to out of state visitors? I tend to visit NYC about once a year, and it would be nice to conceal carry just in case SHTF. Been accosted by all sorts of crazy homeless types :/

Not a chance. NYC Residents can't even get permits for concealed carry here. Do yourself a favor and keep your gun home, or you could end up like this poor Tennessee woman who is now facing 3.5 years in prison.

Tennessee gun owner arrested at 9/11 Memorial in New York for gun possession - NYPOST.com

are these permits being discussed for concealed carry outside the home or for owning a gun in your home?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingenieur View Post
    are these permits being discussed for concealed carry outside the home or for owning a gun in your home?
    They're premise permits, only for the house. Not conceal carry.

hey all - 1st post here after much lurking. I applied on 4/6 & received my interview letter on 4/16, dated 4/14. Attempting to get all the paperwork together -- the one item that is proving troublesome is the request for original seal dispositions for three VTL 1110(a) - two in NYC and one upstate. It's not clear what agency I reach out to NYC for the dispositions. NYCourts says to call your county clerk - but after navigating the kings county clerk phone tree I've gotten nowhere. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!

I'm pretty sure you need to get the dispositions from the court where the offense occurred. Basically call the county clerk's office in the towns you got the tickets in. I had to get a few from upstate NY myself when I applied for my permit. If I recall correctly, I had to send them a letter requesting the disposition and include a self-addressed stamped envelope for them to send the disposition back. It could be different for each court though. They'll tell you what you need to do when you call them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Links