HKPRO Forums banner

45acp type of day ..

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Lossiter 
#1 ·

See less See more
1 1
#12 ·
OMG Jeff, my gun looks great! I can't what to use it in the subgun matches. You are a great artist. Thank you so much for building it. Once I get it and the .40 S&W SDs I'll be sure to post a range report. (several have asked me to do so, even though these guns are made of unobtanium) These have been a long time coming (through my own fault). I am very excited. Thank you so much.

Scott

#17 ·
The difficulty is, the GG mags were never designed to function at an angle, 90 degree function only. The mods to the mags otherwise are too invasive. I've got a straight mag well one that runs 100% in semi and with sear. The mods to the mag is a stop plate, radius cut to the mag lock slot and square the bolt passage slot on the back of the mag. That's it. The only problems I had was an improperly pressed barrel, zero bolt gap, was cracking the bolts but even then it ran with a damaged bolt and the hammer would not reset occasionally. The hammer issue was because the pack had the wrong sear spring. Switched to a semi spring and no more problem. The RTG bolt heads in .45 are much better made than the early ones. Hope you get your gun soon they are a blast..

#18 ·
After speaking with Jeff, I should have the 45X RS by November. I also have a full size SW45 with the straight mag. Yes, the 45X needs much more mag modification than the straight magwell version. Jeff has five of the ten modified 45X mags running well. Once he has all the mags running, the gun will have the finish applied, final check and then shipped to me. I'm hoping to have the 45X RS dialed in with the optic for the November 8th monthly subgun match here in Las Vegas.

For those that are interested in the .40 S&W SD, they are done and being shipped. They will arrive on Monday. I'll be home next week, but I won't be home until the weekend. I'll be sure to get some pictures, but it will be November before I'll be able to do a range report. I'm working a refueling outage at a Nuclear power plant, so I'll be gone and won't have time to short it out until I'm home. I'll be sure to update when I can.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.