HKPRO Forums banner

Smoked Chicken, a wallet with no money in it and a DJ Getz MP5SD

948 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AGG 
#1 ·
All of them are excellent. Well, except the empty wallet.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/QqVOwxoeI7dzixkWSYGe241RtIz_DQR8PNrQCqxTgcI?feat=directlink

I picked this up a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to shoot it. The fake can I got from RTG has a different ID. It was too tight. Having not found a buddy with a lathe and the correct boring bar, I measured it myself and concluded that a 5/8 drill would handle the job. I went slow and careful so as to not gall the threads and hand fit it perfectly.

Out to the range! I only shot about 35 rounds but out of seven mags. WWB, Blazer aluminum, Blazer brass, and some handloads I made in 1989.

The gun just spit brass out as fast as I wanted to run the (Bill Springfield tuned) trigger. The action is smooth as glass. I tested four POF mags and three HK mags. All perfect lockup and flawless reliability.

Waiting for the form 1 to come back to SBR it and the TPM can is on the way as well.

The chicken was brined in a citrus/garlic brine, smoked over a water pan for about 3.5 hours to temp with cherry wood.

The empty wallet remains otherwise umremarkable.

Thanks Dave! I will see you again soon. ;-)

/Fargo007

See less See more
#3 ·
It's my first one, and the gun I always wanted but could never own since I hung my uniform up for the last time.

I was really surprised how much the trigger work from Bill made a difference. I am used to a geissele since most of my shooting is in DMR and sniper competitions, so I found the regular HK trigger completely unacceptable. The tune up from Bill was worth it and I have sent him two others to do for builds I don't even own ....yet.

If there are AR shooters here that are new to HK's and have (justifiably IMHO) MF'ed the trigger, send it to Bill.

/Fargo007

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.