+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10MM MP5 (Cohaire Arms) Range Report

Default 10MM MP5 (Cohaire Arms) Range Report

Review of Cohaire 10MM MP5.

Oddly enough, I have a positive review of the Cohaire "Big Bore" MP5. I received mine after a six week delay (no reason given), which was OK, given that this is not, seemingly a stock item.

The weapon arrived in a metal case, as advertised. The fit and finish were very nice, no odd welding etc...

In picking up the weapon, the selector lever on the left side fell off, it was missing the drift pin, which was not in the box. Cohaire promised to send the pin at no cost.

The weapon came with both HI and LOW pressure units.

I installed the HI pressure unit, and loaded thirty rounds each using Accurate Arms #7 powder, and Copper Jacketed, 180 Grain Hornday XTP Hollow Point bullets. One lot of thirty each at 1150fps, 1125fps and 1100fps, all loaded on a Dillon XL 650 press.

Magazines were H&K factory, LE marked magazines, each loaded with ten rounds. The weapon was disassembled, cleaned and lubricated with Tetra Gun Grease.

Test #1: 1100fps. Two ten round magazines fired. No failure to eject, no failure to feed. Hand held group at twenty feet was approximately the size of a silver dollar.

Test #2: 1125fps. Two ten round magazines fired. No failure to eject, no failure to feed. Hand held group at twenty feet was approximately the size of a silver dollar.

Test #3: 1150fps. Two ten round magazines fired. No failure to eject, no failure to feed. Hand held group at twenty feet was approximately the size of a silver dollar.

A final test was a magazine of thirty rounds @ 1150fps for functionality, rapid fire. Same results.

I then offered a magazine to three new students I had at the range that day who had never even seen an MP5 before. With no trainiing on hold, position, etc...only one failure to feed in three magazines of ten rounds each.

Recoil was much less than expected.

Accuracy was superb.

I am looking to put together a group buy of these in 10MM and .40 Cal based on this round of testing.

Since no one answered my post on reloading for the 10MM MP5, I can safely attest to the load at:

10.5 grains of Accurate Arms #7 powder, CCI large pistol primer, and Hornday 180 grain XTP bullet, taper crimped.

Banned

Can you send a picture of you 10mm?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

10mm is one of my favorite rounds. It doesn't get the attention it deserves.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Thank you very much for the review. I've had my eye on this one for some time. Please keep us posted on your group buy.

Banned

Plus 1 on the buy. I haven't seen the 10mm from Coharie, can you dowload some pics?

HKPRO Professional

pics please
    Also, keep us posted on the group buy I'm interested.

I might also be in on the deal depending on turn-around and pricing for both the 10mm and 40 cal. Thanks for the review.

Might possibly give Vector a nudge in the back and do some competing?

Red face 10mm Coharie

Your velocities seem a bit on the low side. I get about 1300 fps out of a pistol barrel and 1500 fps out of my carbine. When I load I use Power Pistol almost exclusively and my 135 grain carbine loads reach 2000 fps out of a 16" barrel and that is showing no signs of high pressure. I consider it my alternative to the PS90 and its overpriced amminition.

Very Senior Member

I was thinking about one of these this year - I'm considering waiting for Professional Arms to get in gear but I think I would rather not wait.

Desperately Needs Treatment

pics plz!
    HK91, HK94/MP5, USC/UMP45, USP9, USP40, USP45C, P7M8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links