HKPRO Forums banner

V51P [HK 91 PISTOL]

7K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  N4KVE 
#1 ·
2 weeks ago I picked up a Vector V51P pistol at the West Palm Beach gun show. It was attached to a full auto trigger pack, but seeing as I didn't have an extra $13,000 laying around, I purchased it as a semi auto. Had around 200 rounds down the pipe. It's really well made & works great. Real HK shorty bolt carrier from 1968, & a new POF bolt from 2004.Tested it last week @ Gator Guns & worked PERFECTLY with SA ammo & a Thermold plastic mag. Everyone at the range asked what it was & the range boss asked to try it out. He had a 6 foot smile. Surprisingly accurate for the short barrel. The best part was Uncle Sam paid for it. I stimulated the economy with my $600 gov't check & $400 from my income tax refund. Not a really practical gun, but real fun to shoot. GARY N4KVE

#3 ·
Not really a practical gun ??? OK I see this kinda stuff all the time here so lets take a short look at this not so practical gun.

First what do you wanna do with it ?? put big holes in something far away right ? I can put golf ball size holes in clay blocks at 150 meters all day long and then break up a cinder block wall just for fun at the same distance or greater.

Next, Reliable ? I have had mine for about 6 months now and have about 500 rds of the SA "crap" ammo through it without one hiccup !!! thats 0 malfunctions even with the very dirty SA ammo (of course I do clean my weapon after every range session..duhhh).

Lets recap,
. Light weight (for the cal.),
. Heavy hitting out to at least 150 even 200 meters,
. Accurate (a pie plate) out to at least 150 to 200 meters if you can do your part,
. Reliable, I have yet to hear someone say otherwise
. A footprint about the same size as a MP-5 with the power of a full size AK-47 "approx. 2,000 FPS at the muzzle (just a little short of a 7.62X39 at the muzzle).

Seems to me to be the perfect all around CQC platform so whats not practical ?? The bark and spark ?? look at it as a extra added tactical distraction feature and as for the control factor either stock it or sling it either way works well (if you stock it though you gotta pay the piper $200.00 for the fun tax).

So practical is in the eye beholder, but we both know the gun is one hell of a way to put a big sloppy stupid smile on a face (and scare the hell outta your liberal neighbors)

GOD SAVE THE EVIL BLACK GUN !!!

#9 · (Edited)
Finally, someone who understands! The SAS completely understood everything about the 51 that you posted which is why they fielded them as issue weapons! My 51 with the A3 stock is a BEAST!!! I *heart* my 51! Oh, and if it's bark's gotcha down, well, then you'll just have to get...
an HK51SD!!!http://www.eliteukforces.info/special-boat-service/weapons/mc51/

#4 ·
Whoa! You misunderstood me. I love this gun & yes, it works great. Considering all the other evil black rifles I have I really didn't need it. From the coolness point, it wins hands down from all the rifles I own. It is my favorite firearm that I own. Some rifles may get traded, but this one's a keeper. But practical? GARY N4KVE

#6 ·
Ok Ckxx and N4KVE just in the way of FRIENDLY :) debate please explain to me how it is that you don't find the V-51 "practical", and I'll even put it into a defined application, close quarters combat.

In as much as this weapon is my weapon of choice over anything except a Saiga S-12 SBS for CQC (and this is over my AR and AK platroms) I'm interested to see if you two can further expound on your opinion of this very flexible weapon.

Just a few thoughts
a. Supressor can
b. a-2 and a-3 stocks
c. Low flash ammo T.A.P.
d. Full size HK-91 recoil buffer
e. Vortex flash supressor
f. Magnaporting ?? just a thought here don't really know if it can be done
g. A top of the line trigger job
h. All the mags you can eat at approx. $2.00 a pop !!!

And the list go's on and on

#7 ·
It's a bit to take hold of for most guy's. I'm a 6'4" ex football,wrestler, and am still an avid weight trainer. I'm probably around 12% body fat and weigh in at 270lbs. I'm not a little guy. I love my V51!
Now take your average guy....average grunt. 5'10" 185lbs! This is going to be a bit of rifle for them. then take this gun unsuppressed and discharge it in an area maybe 16'18' all enclosed!! Whew...it going to feel like someone came up behind you and planted the bi-pod of a Barrett .50 cal and started taking shoots off of your back! The concussion would be a mother.

I love it and in the open I would love to use it. If i were to doing CQB, I'd step down to a 53. Now this is being said before I've ever fired the 10mm. So i may have a different opinion here in a couple of months. One of my best friends is an FBI agent in Jersey. We're going to take his MP510mm to the range when I come visit. Actual I told him to have his friends gather all of the cool **** they could get and we'll take it to the range. So I'm pretty stoked about going out there to see him.

Regards,

R.

Regards,

R.

#8 ·
take this gun unsuppressed and discharge it in an area maybe 16'18' all enclosed!! Whew...it going to feel like someone came up behind you and planted the bi-pod of a Barrett .50 cal and started taking shoots off of your back! The concussion would be a mother.
Regards,

R.
Actually R, the standard V-51 flash suppressor does a surprisingly good job of taming the 51 down a bit. You want to really put a hurt on somebody, I'd suggest finding someone who has an original Vollmer 51 conversion (like me) and FEEL what their muzzle device does to your central nervous system. It's very rude. Ear protection or not, if you are within 10 feet of me to either side of me, you are moving off the line. I did this to a SWAT officer in full gear at a demo. I warned him that he might want to move back a bit, and he politely declined... he's been "trained" for this kind of environment and such. I thought, 'OK, I warned ya'... and let it rip.

I cleared the gun and looked to my right... he wasn't there. Full gear on and all, he was 10 feet back cussing and shaking his head. Then he wanted to shoot it. Such is the legend of the 51.

If you have ANY dental problems you don't know about yet, you'll know about them after firing a Vollmer 51. That cleverly designed flash hiding, concussion inducing muzzle device does enhance control, but at a terrible shock wave to any bystanders.

My V-51P seems quite a bit tamer by comparison.

#10 ·
Yep that's cool. I spoke to RDTS a few weeks ago and asked them about doing a 51SD. They said that as long as I didn't hold them to the normal timeline they would be willing to try to make one. SOooooooooo. I'm considering it.

Regards,

R.

I think a HK51BSD would be pretty sweet. Not very practical probably, but the cool factor would be in the stratosphere! Imagine a beltfed integrally silenced MP5 that shoots .308! :0)

#14 · (Edited)
I think in order for the sound suppressor to have enough length to be effective you would need something like a belt-fed G3KSD or else the rate-of-fire and heat generated by that beast would tear the suppressor up in a few seconds burst.Unless you intend on shooting very controlled bursts of fire to allow the suppressor to cool down of course.

#15 ·
#22 ·
So fast forward 6 years, & I just got my SBR stamp. I purchased the special collapsible stock from Vector right after I bought the gun, because I thought Vector was going out of business, due to the Chinese ammo debacle. I left the stock at a friend's house, so it wouldn't be near the gun. So right after the stamp arrived, I picked up the stock, & put it on the gun. Shot it yesterday, & it's more fun to shoot with the stock. Did the trust thing, & now that I know that method works, I have a few more stamps to collect. GARY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.