HKPRO Forums banner

My P30 range report with pics

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  HKnc1 
#1 ·
So, just alittle background. I have been a firm Sig owner & user since the early 90's. I had been carrying a 239 9mm as my ccw. I think I am pretty good with my Sigs. So, I decide to give the HK P30 a go with the small size grip panels and backstrap, ( I am a small guy).

American Eagle 115g FMJ.

All targets measured to 7 yards, 15 shots to each target. I had a strong wind from my right to left.

7 yards, 15 rounds

7 yards, 15 rounds, 8" target.

7 yards, 15 rounds, rapid fire.

7 yards, 15 rounds rapid fire, 8" target.

I was pretty happy with the results, but I am no expert and would like some opinions from you guys. Good, bad, could use improvement, give up entirely! :) And for the record, not a single FTF or FTE.

I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks!

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm still trying get my arms around mine; it can be very accurate but it takes some getting use too. Not sure why but I seem to be more accurate with my larger caliber handguns; is this common? My favorite cal is 357 Sig by far; wow is it tight. Only problem is the ammo; always in limited supply and expensive.

#6 ·
Ben,

That is really interesting. I know a fair amount of people are much more accurate with one gun compared to another, although, quite honestly, I have never heard of someone being more accurate with a certain caliber as opposed to another, but I am sure it happens. I wish I knew why that was. I wonder if it is because you are used to the recoil of the bigger calibers and when you shoot the smaller calibers, you are maybe over compensating in some way in an almost too relaxed way? I am just throwing crap out there. Just thoughts. Sorry I don't have an actual answer.

#14 ·
Hi guys!

Thanks for the compliments! It just keeps getting better and better! Man I love this gun. My wife hates it though, she shot my 239 and loved it and was very good with it, then I made the dumb move of showing her a two-tone 239 Gen 2, and she had to have one of those, so we are waiting for that to come in. Sorry, I am babbling. I love my HK P 30 :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.