+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 Belt/Holster Combo

Default HK P30 Belt/Holster Combo

A couple days ago, I had to answer a few series of loud knocks on my door at 3am. Turned out to be an extremely random drunk girl who claimed she was locked out of her car and apartment. I pulled out my HK P30 from my bedside pistol box to accompany me to the door. However, after talking to her for a little bit, I let my guard down as she genuinely seemed to need my help.

Anyways, I wanted to keep my gun by my side even after I felt that nobody was going to come out from behind her and attack me. So I am looking for a holster/belt option for my HK P30 that would allow me to jump out of the and snap on a belt with a holster already on it. Anyone know of a convenient setup? I'm looking for something very quick and sturdy.
    I have an HK addiction.

I use a Maxpedition style bag that can be slung cross chest, but mine's made by Tactical Tailor. Allows me to carry a spare mag, flashlight, knife, and whatever else I need should I have to get out of bed in the middle of the night and arm myself. I sleep in boxers and a T-shirt, so I prefer to not have things hanging off my waist if I can avoid it.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/holste...aled-carry-bag

Otherwise, the easiest and quickest set up, to me, would be a nylon style police gunbelt (cheap ones can be had by Uncle Mike's and you can go up in quality from there) with a decent holster made for the gun.

Good on you for considering this now so that you're ready for the next weird knock at the door as you clear cobwebs and try to focus. Not the easiest thing at times!
    Last edited by riceboy72; 02-12-2012 at 04:39 PM.

I always have my battle belt loaded up and ready to go. Typically just use it for training but it's a handy system to snap on when I have to run out to the barn/check things out.

Soon I'll be rockin a p30 instead of pictured g19 :)

Last edited by Munch520; 02-12-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riceboy72 View Post
    I use a Maxpedition style bag that can be slung cross chest, but mine's made by Tactical Tailor. Allows me to carry a spare mag, flashlight, knife, and whatever else I need should I have to get out of bed in the middle of the night and arm myself. I sleep in boxers and a T-shirt, so I prefer to not have things hanging off my waist if I can avoid it.

concealed

Otherwise, the easiest and quickest set up, to me, would be a nylon style police gunbelt (cheap ones can be had by Uncle Mike's and you can go up in quality from there) with a decent holster made for the gun.

Good on you for considering this now so that you're ready for the next weird knock at the door as you clear cobwebs and try to focus. Not the easiest thing at times!
    That actually sounds like something I would be interested in. I did not even consider a concealed carry pack such as the tactical tailor or maybe something from maxpedition. Maybe that would be a better all around choice for me. The bag would allow me to make slight modifications to my weapon without buying a holster each time. For example, I might add a weapon light later. The ammo, light, and knife in the bag also sounds like an added plus.
    I have an HK addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by riceboy72 View Post

concealed

Thanks for posting this! This setup would be ideal for taking on weekend trips too. Just put it on the night stand next to the bed and keep everything in one place.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Munch520 View Post
    I always have my battle belt loaded up and ready to go. Typically just use it for training but it's a handy system to snap on when I have to run out to the barn/check things out.

Soon I'll be rockin a p30 instead of pictured g19 :)

That a great rig. What did use to set it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Double O View Post
    That a great rig. What did use to set it up?
    Thanks! Great and comfortable way to carry a lot of gear.

-Viking Tactics 'Brokos' belt (user can use belt mounted accessories, molle, etc.)
    -Viking Tactics Cobra Belt
    -HSGI taco pouches (I removed the forward most pistol pouch, during transitions the slung rifle was in the way)
    -Raven phantom holster
    -(not pictured) IFAK, admin pouch, and dump pouch

Last edited by Munch520; 02-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Very Senior Member

Thanks Munch520.

Very Senior Member

When comes to a rig that is quick and easy to put on, a shoulder holster comes to mind. I know it's not a belt rig, but it is an option

Good looking rig, Munch520! Your whole setup with kit looks well thought out and put together.

As for the concealed carry pack, it allows me to carry what I need should I have to get up to check the bump in the night, and to keep my hands free if need be to use the phone, unlock / lock doors, etc. If I have to go outside, I can be armed and well equipped without causing alarm to neighbors or anyone else I may run into who is not adversarial, and not have gear falling out of my pockets or my hands. I think it's kind of the best of all worlds, because it allows me to quickly access and carry a good amount of gear by simply slipping it over my head. Other chatter on gun boards favor this as a pack to take on a road trip or to augment their BOB if you use one.

If you care, my bag contains my pistol, a spare mag, a Surefire C2 with a Malkoff M60 drop in, two spare batteries, a spare housekey, a knife, and a few extra shotgun rounds that are loose in the main compartment which is not the same as the pistol compartment.

Otherwise, PaulC and Selective, you hit the nail on the head: You can use a variety of pistols with or without accessories and not have to have a dozen holsters on hand, and in the morning it can be simply put into the safe and brought out before bedtime without having an array of gear stashed in drawers or on your nightstand. Let us know what you decide to go with!
    Last edited by riceboy72; 02-12-2012 at 08:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links