+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Holster to Minimize Slide Wear

Default Best Holster to Minimize Slide Wear

I know holster wear is considered to give a gun character. However I'm kind of anal about keeping my new USPc looking new.

I don't plan to carry my USPc (thats what my Glock 26 is for). I'll use it at the range, on car trips and maybe some practical pistol shooting.

What, in your experience: is the best holster material/brand that will minimize wear: Leather, Nylon, Kydex (?).

Thanks

AGG
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Not fancy, but I use this:

Galati International: In The Pants Holster with Thumbreak - H&K USP 45 - Galati Gear

Almost a foam-type inner liner--- very finish-friendly.

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment

There's a company that makes them out of Unobtanium. It's the only way to go. I had them make me a cover for the head of my hammer because it was getting scratched up from hitting nails. :D
    "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by GRT1500 View Post
    I know holster wear is considered to give a gun character. However I'm kind of anal about keeping my new USPc looking new.

I don't plan to carry my USPc (thats what my Glock 26 is for). I'll use it at the range, on car trips and maybe some practical pistol shooting.

What, in your experience: is the best holster material/brand that will minimize wear: Leather, Nylon, Kydex (?).

Thanks
    There's an amazing holster that will never scratch your gun: the safe.

Guns are tools, not jewelry.

It's important to play the spaces. Silence can speak so loudly.

Carter Beauford, modern drummer september 1997

Unrepentant HKHolic

I love the honest holster wear leather gives. If you're afraid of a little wear keep your USPc in the box it came in or get a leather holster, holster it and never unholster it. lol ;)

If holster wear bothers you then you shouldn't carry a HK, you should carry a Glock. That Glock Tenifer is unreal crazy good.

But if I was you I'd go with any good leather holster, you'll get holster wear but atleast it won't be as bad as the wear from Kydex holsters. Or get a Uncle Mike's nylon holster.

HKPRO Professional

Leather holster. I've seen some kydex holsters with felt lining in them, good stuff too.

This "don't worry about holster wear/scratches/etc..." because "guns are tools" stuff gets real irritating real fast, my vehicle is a tool, it's done many amazing things, saved a few lives in the process too, I use it properly, though even at 12 years old it still looks remarkable because I take care of it. There is no reason not to protect and care for anything you own.
    Last edited by StreetWolf; 03-21-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    - Hk Mark23
    - Hk USP 9SD
    - Hk USP Stainless
    - Hk M1S90
    - Sig 516 Patrol

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by StreetWolf View Post
    Leather holster. I've seen some kydex holsters with felt lining in them, good stuff too.

This "don't worry about holster wear/scratches/etc..." because "guns are tools" stuff gets real irritating real fast, my vehicle is a tool, it's done many amazing things, saved a few lives in the process too, I use it properly, though even at 12 years old it still looks remarkable because I take care of it. There is no reason not to protect and care for anything you own.
    It may still look remarkebly well but anything that gets real use is going to wear. Don't get me wrong I like to take care of my things as well but there is just no getting around it. Nothing lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetWolf View Post

I agree to a point. Not abusing your tools is one thing but this "search for a holster that's made of baby kittens" thing gets annoying too. I think somewhere in the middle is realistic.
    "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

HKPRO Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I agree to a point. Not abusing your tools is one thing but this "search for a holster that's made of baby kittens" thing gets annoying too. I think somewhere in the middle is realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by amstaffHK View Post
    It may still look remarkebly well but anything that gets real use is going to wear. Don't get me wrong I like to take care of my things as well but there is just no getting around it. Nothing lasts forever.
    Of course it's going to get wear, but there is no reason not to try and minimize how much wear it gets over time.

Upon that note, I prefer spending a little more and getting the upgraded holster made of baby seal fur and whale skin.
    - Hk Mark23
    - Hk USP 9SD
    - Hk USP Stainless
    - Hk M1S90
    - Sig 516 Patrol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links