+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK P30L or P30LS Holster

Default HK P30L or P30LS Holster

Welcome new HK owner!

For all the cool kids who got a P30L or P30LS (like I did) your search for holster should start with the BLACKHAWK! SERPA Concealment Holster. The package lists only the P30 but the P30L / P30LS fit great. It does stick out about half an inch from the bottom of the holster but it looks natural and does not hamper your pull. Also the kit comes with both a paddle and a belt mounting kit. The BLACKHAWK site doesn't do the security of the paddle justice, its really will not shift around or get pulled away from you.

BLACKHAWK! part number 40517BK-R (right handed)
    BLACKHAWK! 'size' (aka their quick look up code) is #17
    Price between $32 and $50 USD

Enjoy!

HKPRO Professional

Just be warned, if you ever want serious training, many of the top instructors will not allow the use of Serpa's and many government organizations are also banning them as well.

j0n

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Just be warned, if you ever want serious training, many of the top instructors will not allow the use of Serpa's and many government organizations are also banning them as well.
    This. I would recommend a Safariland ALS holster instead. Much better quality, same price, and no need to buy another holster to get training.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Desperately Needs Treatment

Why are they now allowing them and or banning them?
    Current: HK4 (.32/.22), VP70Z 9mm, P9S 9mm, P7 PSP(A/Nds), P30LS LEM, VP9, MP5A2-PCS, HK91 (Namibian), Saudi Tan G3, PTR51-PCS, PTR-91 GI
    Past: Mark 23, USP45 Stainless, USP45 Gray, USP45T, USP40 SS/FBI, USP9c, (2) P2000SK v2 LEM, USP9 (LEM & V1), P30L 9mm, P7M13(II), USC, UMP, G36K (x2), PSG-8, 33K, MKE AT-94K, MR556A1, PSG-1 (KC), M3 Super 90, CA89, PTR-91F, Benelli M1014 SE, USP40/USP40CC/USP40c/USP45/USP45T/Mark 23

HKPRO Professional

Quote Originally Posted by FireGS View Post
    Why are they now allowing them and or banning them?
    Numerous incidents of Negligent Discharges. What tends to happen is that the holster is designed that you have to press inboard with your index (trigger) finger in order to release the gun to draw. When the gun is withdrawn the finger is often still applying pressure and the finger ends up inside the trigger guard and on the trigger. When you look at how most training classes are done, there are a lot of draws at speed and a level of stress that amplifies the problem. Good instructors emphasize proper register of the trigger finger and the use of a SERPA flies in the face of that. It is not worth having a ND due to a student being over stressed, or tired and having a lapse that is a good possibility.

There are those that like to poo poo this whole notion. That is fine. It should be an indicator as to who doesn't want to be involved in the liability of there usage.

Very Senior Member

Great point on the finger location, I noticed that as well. I never considered this to be a holster for doing fast draws from. The problem I've run into is there are a number of locking holsters out there that 'seem' to fit the P30L but I couldn't find anything solid, even the BLACKHAWK! website doesn't talk about the 30L. I tried a few in stores and they were tight, awkward etc.

Again great point on the fast pulls, I can see where that could happen.
    Last edited by HKP30FAN28; 10-06-2012 at 02:46 PM.

HKPRO Professional

I'm using a Comp Tac for mine. Comp Tac is my "go to" for holsters I need fast that offer great quality and short lead times. I am a die hard Raven guy, but I will usually use Comp Tac while i am waiting for the Raven stuff. For duty or retention holsters, Safariland is the way to go.

Old thread, new member, my first HK.
    On the serpa holsters, I have had one for my xd for a while and, the reason they are banning them is because "they" are protecting people from themselves, not because they are inherently unsafe. Under the same ideology, a car is unsafe as compared considering accidents so - they should be banned from use.
    Last edited by RAYZOR1234; 03-01-2014 at 03:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Links