HKPRO Forums banner

Question regarding High Noon Holsters

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Phaedrus 
#1 ·
I just received my High Noon Holster for my HK P2000sk on 3-26-15. I ordered the lined Snapper model. First, let me say I love the looks and fit of this holster. It truly looks to be well-made. BUT, it utilizes a single snap design on each loop to attach it to my belt.
I have several other snap-on holsters from other makers: Nightinggale leather, Exodus Leather, and Mitch Rosen to name a few. The last two utilizes a single snap design like the high noon on smaller guns. But with this hoster, I am having difficulty keeping the snaps snapped. When I unsnap the belt loop, neither snap requires hardly any effort to unsnap. Several times during my first day of wearing it, I have looked down and noticed one of the snaps were unsnapped. Once, when both happened to be unsnapped, the gun came close to falling off my belt. I have emailed high noon to get their advice, as I really do want to like this holster since it looks so nice, but it has got to be secure. Anyone else experience this problem with any snap-on holster and what was your remedy? Can these snaps be tightened or would the entire snap need to be replaced? The lined version was $165.00 so I hope there is an easy fix.

#5 · (Edited)
Problem with your snaps read below...

The snaps should be "One Way" snaps meaning they have to be snapped closed from the top to work properly otherwise they will pop.

Pull the dot fasteners are specialized one way snaps.
The Pull the Dot system allows three of the sides on a snap to lock. The fourth side can unlock when pulled as in the picture above. This feature allows the snap to withstand extreme pressure on the three locking sides but will release when pulled on the fourth side. You will hear and or feel the Dot "click" when its opening or closing. This unique feature sets the Pull-the-DOT apart from other standard fasteners.

GOTURBACK

Attachments

#6 ·
The snaps are "pull the dot" snaps. The dot on the snap is on the top edge of the strap, but they keep coming unsnapped. If you look at the picture at their web site, you can see the orientation of the strap. The dot is at the top. Will call them tomorrow. I rotated the strap to where it wrapped around my belt in the opposite direction, but that made it worse, so I put it back the way it came, just as in this picture: High Noon Holsters Snapper

#7 ·
High noon will take care of you. They are an excellent company & make an excellent product. I have a couple & I would recommend high noon to anyone looking for a great product. If it were me, I would call them & ask if they would send out some new snaps , & ask they take the original ones back. I believe they wouldn't have a problem with doing this, as they are very accommodating on the phone. I hope to hear they make this right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I got an email reply from high noon on 3/30. He said he would send out a set of new straps to correct this problem. As of today, I haven't received them, but hopefully I will get them soon. I sent a follow-up email to them as a reminder yesterday. Hope to get them soon so I can securely carry my gun.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.