HKPRO Forums banner

May 2015 Teufelshund Tactical HK MP5 and UMP Operator Course

16K views 86 replies 17 participants last post by  Johoevasmatrix 
#1 · (Edited)

With the success of the last course I ran for HK Pro members, I am coordinating another opportunity. For reviews of that training, check out this link: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/teufelsh...-ump-operator-course-after-action-report.html

This course, on 23-24 May, will cover the employment and maintnenance of the MP5 and UMP, involving lecture, demonstrations, and drills in order to maximize the full potential of these weapons. The course is designed around the full auto variants, but that is not a prerequisite.

You will learn the history, tactics, techniques and procedures specific to these weapons, while pushing past your comfort level.

Cost is $400 and is limited to 10 seats. If you'd like to attend, please send me a PM and I will keep the class roster running through this thread.

Coordinating instructions to follow, but feel free to PM with any questions.

Here is a required equipment list:

-HK MP5 or UMP variant or conversion (including HK94 or USC) with sling
-Pistol: caliber 9mm to .45 ACP (preferably HK, of course)
-SMG and pistol magazines (minimum 3 each)
-1000 rounds for SMG/75 rounds for pistol
-Belt and Holster
-Magazine Pouches or Chest Rig
-Eye and Ear Protection
-Weapons Lubrication and Cleaning Tools
-Note-taking Gear
-Chow and Water
-Seasonal Range Wear

As previously, our host for this event is Frontline Defense. You can visit their site at: Pistol, Rifle, & Shotgun Outdoor Shooting Range Warrenton NCFrontline Defense | Firearms Training Center & Range
You'll find the range complex and staff allow us to conduct training that most other ranges can't and won't.

I recommend coordinating lodging in Wake Forest to centralize students for dinner on the first night and for classroom instruction.

Attendance with NFA weapons will require approval of BATFE Form 5320.20. If you need assistance with filling out and submitting this form, please let me know.

See less See more
#3 ·
Just want to say thank you again for the first one! May is not a great month for me especially this weekend. I'm going to have to work something out to make it happen but you 100% have my support! Really happy to the price point! $200 a day for about 8 hours of instruction.... That's an incredible value!!!! This weekend course is easily worth $1000!

#8 · (Edited)
Brent,
I will covering the same period of instruction, but incorporating the lessons learned from the last course as well and the critiques you and the other students provided. I'll be looking to add several more advanced drills in the end too and have an assistant to allow drills to run faster and me to be able to provide more individual attention.
You'd definitely be able to build on what you learned in the earlier course and would also serve as a great asset to help the other students from that knowledge and experience.
At a later date, I may be able to provide a dedicated advanced course, but it takes students learning the basics before we can take it there.

#10 · (Edited)
The require approval of BATFE Form 5320.20 is simple for anyone who has not done this before. I'm somewhat new to NFA items so here's a useful link I used to help me with the paperwork aspect for this awesome course back in January.

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/form20

Keep in mind, if your SBR, MG or Silencer was acquired in a Trust name, that's the name you should also use on this form. Be sure to mail in 2 copies. Bobby D and me got our approved forms back in 3 weeks.

#11 · (Edited)
I would suggest that ANYONE who is even remotely considering this now or in the future to send in their Form 20's today. It doesn't cost anything, and you can specify a date range up to a year - which means your paperwork will be in order when the next training date comes up, and you won't have to fret about getting forms back in time.

#13 · (Edited)
You need a valid form 20 for each out-of-state destination you wish to visit with up to three SBR/SPS/MG's you will be visiting during a certain time frame. For example, I live three miles from a state line. I wind up filling out, let's say, two forms with three items each for five discrete destinations within that state, all valid for 365 days. I also have Form 20's for visiting James, Ghilliebear, and Knob Creek, just to name a few - all filled out for that same one year max. Sometime in June, I'll be sending a new 'packet' of forms to get approved for 2015-2016.

So yes, multiple states with the same items all during the same time period.

Edit - Because my trip will be funded by Southwest miles and Marriott points, I will be staying at the Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center on Sumner Blvd. Flying in on Friday afternoon and leaving Monday morning, should have plenty of time for pre- and post-training dinner and drinks.

#14 ·
Hmmmm. About how late in the day would this go that Sunday?

I'm very interested but only have one day off I can use. My gut tells me to use it Monday for the return trip. (Philadelphia Area)

Oicani, we live relatively close to each other, what time of day did you leave and how long did it take you? I'm curious to see if I can pull leaving after work Friday. Google tells me 6 hours but I would be driving during rush hour.

#16 ·
JT....quick question... do you fly with your MG and if so whats the general process, liability $ by the airline, and general pita factor of doing so? OR do you mail your MG to the site using USPS registered to a local receiving dealer/manu, etc?

I'd really like to make this course and am working on logistics before I commit.
thanks and hope to shoot again with you.
Houston

#17 · (Edited)
JT....quick question... do you fly with your MG and if so whats the general process, liability $ by the airline, and general pita factor of doing so? OR do you mail your MG to the site using USPS registered to a local receiving dealer/manu, etc?
I haven't decided yet (this will be the first time), but leaning towards flying with the items. I'm flying Southwest, which from their website and other feedback looks like it's one of the easiest to work with. At least their guidelines are clearly defined on their site. I've been in need of getting better insurance coverage on my gear; whichever insurer I wind up going with appropriate coverage for sending things off for repair or travel to events will be a mandatory requirement.

I guess I have more faith in the airlines than the post office that IF my package were to be lost, it is more likely to be returned to me by the airline. Not that I'm hoping that happens. *knocks on wood*

I will be printing off this page and bringing it with me to the counter to eliminate any confusion. Everything in this list appears to be accurate per TSA and what airline policies *should* be.

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/baggage/special-luggage-pol.html

#20 ·
I just worry about the airline "losing" my MG. Heck I'd feel a LOT more comfortable removing the sear from the pack and carrying the raw sear in my carry on baggage while checking the "gun" via their process. But yeah I know that has its own risks, etc.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall listening to a dude going thru security being hassled about his machine gun and all all the while the dude is standing there holding a poptop inert piece of metal with a hand etched SN on it debating the finer points of ATF title II regs as they pertain to HKs. That would be worth some popcorn and no, I wouldnt want that person to be me.

#22 ·
I just worry about the airline "losing" my MG.
That is what I would be worried about waited too long to get in my hands on mine.....Went to shot show this year checked two handguns through united they made me put gun case in my suitcase after dancing to all of TSA's rules they lost my suitcase for a whole day they had no idea where it was for 24 hours long story short got everything back suitcase damaged got a clothes allowance.....but that experience alone would keep me from checking a registered MG even if insured just the hassle of replacement would be a pita.......

#25 ·
James, is this the correct address for the range? Considering this and I'd like to get my 5320.20 filed just in case. (Maybe add the address to your original post under 5320.20 comment?)

Frontline Defense
1060 Ernest Turner Road
Warrenton, NC 27589

#29 ·
I was really looking forward to this weekend, but if I plan to keep the Mrs. happy while I keep myself happy with my hobby, I just cannot ruin the surprise she has for me on the 23rd.

I 100% recommend to anyone that's on the fence about getting in on this training to just do it.... It will be among one of the best things you can do this year!

#30 ·
I just got my C3 rapid reloaded... For $13.10, I'm pretty impressed with the overall quality. Also picture up the metal stripped clips! Thanks again Bobby D!
Electronics Technology Games

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.