+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Mayor all-in on Obama gun control.

Premium Professional

I saw this and was amazed. I'm an LEO for Dallas, and I wonder if the mayor even realizes his police force uses semi-auto SIGs and Glocks, as well as semi-auto AR-15s. This country and its leaders really new to stop making knew-jerk reactions and actually think things through before speaking or making any kind of plan of action. I believe the mayor may have just commited career suicide.
    Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn’t be there, eighty are are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” -Attributed to Heraclitus

This guy has lost his mind. They have yet to say there should be harsher penalties for people who use guns in the commission of a crime. That would make way to much since I guess.

Very Senior Member

Default Dallas Mayor all-in on Obama gun control.

He never had my vote, but I have been considering a run for city council here, and this might be the time. My councilwoman is leaving this year.

The mayor has no power in Dallas anyway. It doesn't matter. He may spout all he likes.

Very Senior Member

He does have the power to incite people to be stupid. Look at John Wylie Price. Once he starts down the road, and people flock behind him, and follow all the way to stupid.

I'm still not sure how they think stopping 10-100 murders a year is worth this kind of effort. Why are they not addressing the 8000 handgun murders each year? I mean, really and truly, the second amendment is more about rifles than handguns. I'm not suggesting they should, but what a waste of time.

HKPRO Professional

Quote Originally Posted by bstock87 View Post
    Dallas is a democratic county. Gotta live in Plano to get out of that choke hold :)
    I'll take Collin county over Dallas county any day.

Quote Originally Posted by SDduc996 View Post
    I'll take Collin county over Dallas county any day.
    Me too, but Dallas county has more pull on the state level, so having conservative representation from Dallas county counts more than Collin county.

Dallas has gone down the tubes...as a resident of West Fort Worth, I can say the American Dream is alive and well over here. We enjoy like minded people and gaze at the rest of the country in dis-belief. Point yourself West and when you pass downtown you have arrived where the West begins.

I am surprised,to hear this from Texas is not good.

Very Senior Member

While I am not a Texan. My wife and I have Texas,Utah,Wyoming, and Nevada as our possible move states. I felt obligated to write him an email and let my feelings be known. Similar things are happening in a local city near me, Winston-Salem. The mayor has took it upon himself to try to ban "assault weapons and hi-cap mags". I urge everyone to contact these individuals if you live there or not. I know it might not do a great deal of good, but it never hurts to try. I will add this mayor on my weekly email and contact list. Keep us updated on what is going on there..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links