Z5P question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Z5P question

DE
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Z5P question

Hi, I posted this in the clones forum, but thought I would ask here too in case you have heard of this before.

I just took delivery of a new Z5P. Everything is great except when I pull the charging handle back, it feels very tight. I thought the recoil spring may just be stiff, but others have suggested problems with the recoil rod seating improperly or the ejector catching on the bolt.

Any suggestions or experience with this before?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine is a little tight as well. However, I have not shot it yet so I think it just may need to be broken in.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you remove the trigger housing and replace the end cap does it still bind?

DS

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

DE
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fun_gary View Post
    if you remove the trigger housing and replace the end cap does it still bind?

DS
    Wow, no it doesn't! What's the problem/solution? Clearly you have seen this before :)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope. I don't really know Jack. I'm on my second replacement zenith though so i have been dogging all the issue threads pretty fiercely. This Just shows that its something in the trigger pack binding the bolt. Might just be the hammer. Does the trigger housing look to fit straight on the upper or does it seem higher in the front or back?

When pulling the bolt back, does it move smoothly for a couple of inches and then bind?

DS

DE
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interestingly, the trigger housing does look ever so slightly higher on the front and it binds from the start.

Wonder if this is a trigger issue or a receiver issue...

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man, i just don't know.. Does the front pin go in easy?

DS

DE
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Front one goes in easily. The back pin requires me to push up on the housing a bit to get it aligned. I dropped a PM to Zenith to see what the response is. I did a bit more searching and found a thread on a similar problem, but nothing about how it was resolved.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck man. They are responsive via email. I'm sure they will just send you a new one.

DS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FWIW - I just purchased a Z-5K and the optic mount "seat" on the top of the receiver (for lack of a better term; I don't know what it's called; the little saddle with raised ears right in front of the serial) was welded on off-center and canted to the left. The sights are on straight (I saw other threads about that), but trying to mount an optic is pretty much a no-go with it in that shape. Not if you want to use it with any measure of accuracy, anyway.

I sent Zenith an email this morning with my phone number, and I got a phone call back a couple of hours later with a return label. They are very responsive in my limited sample. I'm actually really impressed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links