Defected from Illinois, Starting over in AZ!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Defected from Illinois, Starting over in AZ!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Defected from Illinois, Starting over in AZ!

Finally left Cook County/Chicago area, just drove in the other day. Aside from the expected priorities of moving to a new state, I have some time to get a BRN416 lower engraved. Is there anyone around the Scottsdale area that can do this?

Also thinking about joining Rio Salado/SGC, any other suggestions?
    Mr.Maim, AGG and TooSixy like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Welcome to the greater Phoenix area! While SGC is a very good indoor range, depend on what you do you might find Rio Salado's public range too restricted. I would suggest you to check out Cowtown Range in the north,
    it's a members only range where you reserve your bays and just go be there at the scheduled time. You can practice at your pace but you do have to bring your own targets, though. They also have the long range platforms
    where you need to find the steel targets of different sizes and shapes at different distances ranging from 100yds to over 1000yds. However Rio Salado hosts a lot matches weekly if thats something you are looking for.

I'm having my BRN-4 lower cerakoted and engraved at MR SILENCER just off 60 East at Greenfield. These locations should not be too far from you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congratulations. No more 2A restrictions. Free at Last!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by louislee6 View Post
    Welcome to the greater Phoenix area! While SGC is a very good indoor range, depend on what you do you might find Rio Salado's public range too restricted. I would suggest you to check out Cowtown Range in the north,
    it's a members only range where you reserve your bays and just go be there at the scheduled time. You can practice at your pace but you do have to bring your own targets, though. They also have the long range platforms
    where you need to find the steel targets of different sizes and shapes at different distances ranging from 100yds to over 1000yds. However Rio Salado hosts a lot matches weekly if thats something you are looking for.

I'm having my BRN-4 lower cerakoted and engraved at MR SILENCER just off 60 East at Greenfield. These locations should not be too far from you.
    Thanks Louis! I'll give Mr Silencer a call tomorrow.

I considered RS because of their 3-gun/USPSA comps. From what I've gathered, once you're certified (after a few comps) the restrictions loosen-up quite a bit. Also, coming from IL, I don't own any targets lol

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Another option to look into as well.

https://wrightarmory.com/
    Mr.Maim likes this.
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Fly free, brother.
    fatmat27 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Welcome fellow Illinois defector! You got out just before Chicago announces is $1bn budget shortfall and will ask IL taxpayers for help!

-Scottsdale Gun Club is a great place if you're up there and want to shoot in the A/C
    -Ben Avery is a huge outdoor facility on the northwest side with several public facilitates if you just want to punch some paper or shoot clays
    -Rio Salado has a public range and weekly matches in every conceivable shooting discipline
    -Shooter's World has a couple locations in Phoenix and Peoria (west side)
    -Phoenix Rod & Gun Club is a small-ish outdoor range at Central and the north base of South Mountain. Weekly matches.
    -C2 Tactical has two indoor ranges, one in Phoenix and one in Tempe
    -Caswell's is an indoor range in Mesa (call ahead for wait times)
    -Ted's is an indoor range in Queen Creek that is cheap and friendly
    ...I could go on and on...

It's hot right now so most worker bees get up early and hit the outdoor ranges on the weekends or the indoor ranges during the week, just depends what you're looking for. If you have a non-9 to 5 job Rio Salado and Ben Avery are nice and calm during the week. If you're anywhere close to Rio Salado get a membership it will pay for itself in eight visits to the public range.

I'm in the East valley (Mesa) so my recommendations for engraving are "Quentin Defense, Gilbert" and "Area 15, Mesa" for Cerakote (just Google those).

I'll be at Rio Salado early Sunday morning at the public range testing a new gun.
    Last edited by Mr.Maim; 08-10-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    fatmat27 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK12Step View Post
    Another option to look into as well.

https://wrightarmory.com/
    Man that is close to me. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for posting that!
    HK12Step likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This shop out in Black Canyon City does excellent laser engraving work, and can do three-dimension artwork with their machine.

I saw a real-looking Celtic knot design on a Glock slide. Unbelievable.

They have done several guns for me, very reasonable rates, too.

[email protected]
    623-465-7725

DG
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    Welcome fellow Illinois defector! You got out just before Chicago announces is $1bn budget shortfall and will ask IL taxpayers for help!

-Scottsdale Gun Club is a great place if you're up there and want to shoot in the A/C
    -Ben Avery is a huge outdoor facility on the northwest side with several public facilitates if you just want to punch some paper or shoot clays
    -Rio Salado has a public range and weekly matches in every conceivable shooting discipline
    -Shooter's World has a couple locations in Phoenix and Peoria (west side)
    -Phoenix Rod & Gun Club is a small-ish outdoor range at Central and the north base of South Mountain. Weekly matches.
    -C2 Tactical has two indoor ranges, one in Phoenix and one in Tempe
    -Caswell's is an indoor range in Mesa (call ahead for wait times)
    -Ted's is an indoor range in Queen Creek that is cheap and friendly
    ...I could go on and on...

It's hot right now so most worker bees get up early and hit the outdoor ranges on the weekends or the indoor ranges during the week, just depends what you're looking for. If you have a non-9 to 5 job Rio Salado and Ben Avery are nice and calm during the week. If you're anywhere close to Rio Salado get a membership it will pay for itself in eight visits to the public range.

I'm in the East valley (Mesa) so my recommendations for engraving are "Quentin Defense, Gilbert" and "Area 15, Mesa" for Cerakote (just Google those).

I'll be at Rio Salado early Sunday morning at the public range testing a new gun.
    MR SILENCER’s owner, Bruce actually bought all the inventory Area-15 has and took over the lease
    last December, but the two entities collaborated pretty well. As far as I know Chris who owns Area-15
    would move to a close-by industrial place and become a cerakote workshop. But they still work together
    in certain areas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links