PTR 9CT
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Atlantic Firearms.com

Thread: PTR 9CT

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default PTR 9CT

The PTR 9CT pistol in 9mm has been a great addition to the Roller lock firearms market. Hope to see the PTR 9 mm models grow over the next few years.

Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

This was a welcome sight. People have been bugging them to make a 9mm for so many years, I guess they just wore them down and beat them into submission. I hope it pays off for them nicely.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

So far the PTR pistols have been very popular and getting great feedback on them from shooters .
    Dinsdale_Piranha likes this.
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking good, other than giant logo. It's an eyesore IMO.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrainFromUkraine View Post
    Yeah... Branding is one thing, BILLBOARDS are another!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    This was a welcome sight. People have been bugging them to make a 9mm for so many years, I guess they just wore them down and beat them into submission. I hope it pays off for them nicely.
    I hope a 5.56 version is in the works.
    Glockdude1.......................

If war is HELL, Take a better pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrainFromUkraine View Post
    I thought that too. Then I saw one in person and realized that it was a PTR MLock hand guard, not on the gun And it's not really all that big. My buddy who bought one after me said something to the effect of, "I'm not buying one. That logo just looks tacky and too big." I kept reporting how well it was working and that the logo wasn't bad at all. I also mentioned that he could replace it with the customary hand guard for $18. I even ordered a spare from RobertRTG. But he got the 9CT, played with it for a few days, and then decided that he started liking it. Now he has no interest in removing it at all, and is thinking about installing one of the Magpul angular grips on the bottom since he'll be leaving it in the pistol configuration.

You could also cover it up, or remove it. But now that it has essentially proven itself to me, being as dependable as my HK94 SBR, I'm ok with it. I plan on just leaving it alone at this point. It now represents a full on authentic sear-ready MP5 configured gun, the likes of which the Americans should have been building a decade ago. Well, as long as it doesn't do anything weird with use, like parts falling off or an unnatural shrinking bolt gap. You get the idea.

That being said, yeah, it would probably be a good idea to cut back on an idea that was turning people off before they even got to use one. I guess it's up to the maker to determine if it's actually a hindrance to potential buyers, or irritates actual buyers, or just something that non-buyers are saying just to express an opinion.

me it's a big fat "don't care". Same thing with my friend. And I think it would be for most people who got it in their hands and shot it. After using it for a few weeks, my attitude has evolved into more of a, "Hell yeah, it's a PTR. Its my new favorite shooter. And I'm fine with everybody knowing it." As soon as everybody figures out how good it is, they might start thinking the same way.

PS. I still never shoot my PTR91 that won't cycle surplus (tar sealed or whatever) ammo. It still pisses me off. So no, I'm not a PTR fanboy. Just real happy that they did such a good job on this MP5 gun.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Sponsored Links