!!!!! 4th of July P8 A1 pistol give away !! Guess thread !!!!!!! - Page 13
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!!! 4th of July P8 A1 pistol give away !! Guess thread !!!!!!!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news (we know what happens to that guy) but if you are really following the rules he posted on the 4th your deadline was at midnight on the 3rd he missed it by 4 minutes....................
    Attachment 46049
    He actually missed it by one hour and 4 minutes. His post was at 1:04 am.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    But if he is in Montana it would have been 11:04pm on the 3rd........This was a cluster from the start should have been in the Premium section and should have stated a set cutoff time like midnight on the 3rd Eastern Time.........I've got no dog in the fight but I am a stickler for the rules...........
    True, for me it was the 3rd.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

We must keep in mind Ted is from Germany. He probably didn't think about EST vs PST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapastalk.
    Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least
    capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded
    with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Speedballing....that's slamming Benadryl right? Source: SudS aka Kevin

HK...The most addictive drug known to man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I would think it makes the most sense to simply say that it had to be before midnight on the 3rd, in whatever timezone you were posting from.

I'm sure Ted thought about time zones, but figured he would spare everyone the math and simply say get your guess in before midnight wherever you are posting from.
    Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hate to be the bearer of bad news (we know what happens to that guy) but if you are really following the rules he posted on the 4th your deadline was at midnight on the 3rd he missed it by 4 minutes....................
    I hate to jump in here again but where he was when he made his post it was made on the 4th. It shouldn't matter what time it was somewhere else. When he made his guess it was after the deadline.
    I missed that when I offered congratulations.
    All I can say to Augustine is no good deed goes unpunished. LOL

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The guy is giving away an unobtanium gun. I wouldn't jump down his throat just because 2 people can't follow the posted rules.

Show me a P8A1 for sale anywhere in the US, much less being given away for free.

The first number was posted by a non-premium member, so I can see why that is out, clear rule violation.

The second number was posted too late. If you take Ted's timezone in Germany, then Mountain Time is -7:00. That means the post was made at 12:04 on the 4th in Montana. According to the rules, that is too late.

What to do now? Take a Mulligan?
    Last edited by Clausewitz; 07-06-2016 at 05:44 PM.
    Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
    The guy is giving away an unobtanium gun. I wouldn't jump down his throat just because 2 people can't follow the posted rules.

Show me a P8A1 for sale anywhere in the US, much less being given away for free.

The first number was posted by a non-premium member, so I can see why that is out, clear rule violation.

The second number was posted too late. If you take Ted's timezone in Germany, then Mountain Time is -7:00. That means the post was made at 12:04 on the 4th in Montana. According to the rules, that is too late.

What to do now? Take a Mulligan?
    I am going to let the sponsor of the contest rule on this one, but again, it was July 3rd 11:04 PM when I posted my guess. I was happy to see the thread, and entered in accordance with the rules. I am a premium member, entered once, before july 4th.

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    I am going to let the sponsor of the contest rule on this one, but again, it was July 3rd 11:04 PM when I posted my guess. I was happy to see the thread, and entered in accordance with the rules. I am a premium member, entered once, before july 4th.
    I always was bad at math. You are right. At the moment Montana is -8:00 from Germany. You posted at 11:04.

That seems pretty clear to me.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

it was July 3rd 11:04 PM when I posted my guess.
    On page 11 when You posted Your guess it shows 12:04 Am on July 4th. It would be 8 hours later in Berlin making it 8:04 AM. Either way after the deadline.
    If he says Your the winner You are the winner but I would like to see correct winner get the gun. Nothing against You personally. I don't even know You.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvia View Post
    On page 11 when You posted Your guess it shows 12:04 Am on July 4th. It would be 8 hours later in Berlin making it 8:04 AM. Either way after the deadline.
    If he says Your the winner You are the winner but I would like to see correct winner get the gun. Nothing against You personally. I don't even know You.
    Its 2:02 in MT right now. What does this post show as a time stamp to you? Not being snarky, I just think you are seeing times based on your timezone.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links