!!!!! 4th of July P8 A1 pistol give away !! Guess thread !!!!!!! - Page 14
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!!! 4th of July P8 A1 pistol give away !! Guess thread !!!!!!!

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvia View Post
    On page 11 when You posted Your guess it shows 12:04 Am on July 4th. It would be 8 hours later in Berlin making it 8:04 AM. Either way after the deadline.
    If he says Your the winner You are the winner but I would like to see correct winner get the gun. Nothing against You personally. I don't even know You.
    The time you see on his post depends on your time setting you have for the forum.

He made his post at 7:04am on the 4th, German time. Minus 8 hours in Montana sets his post at 11:04pm on the 3rd.
    Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
    The time you see on his post depends on your time setting you have for the forum.

He made his post at 7:04am on the 4th, German time. Minus 8 hours in Montana sets his post at 11:04pm on the 3rd.
    He made the post at 11:04pm July 3rd Mountain Time..........my point was there should have been a "Set" time whether it was German time or Eastern Time.........so there wasn't this confusion.......I mean its great that Ted did this but he already awarded it to one non premium member, his rules not ours then he clearly stated at midnight July 3rd was cutoff again his rules, but did not clarify what time zone, had it been one of the early guessers this would not have been a problem. Murphy's law
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content Senior Airman CAF 2-12-89__8-23-13

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I stand corrected. If it was 11:04 on the 3rd his time when he posted his guess then he clearly is the winner the way I look at it. Congratulations and sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Tuvia; 07-06-2016 at 09:42 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    He made the post at 11:04pm July 3rd Mountain Time..........my point was there should have been a "Set" time whether it was German time or Eastern Time.........so there wasn't this confusion.......I mean its great that Ted did this but he already awarded it to one non premium member, his rules not ours then he clearly stated at midnight July 3rd was cutoff again his rules, but did not clarify what time zone, had it been one of the early guessers this would not have been a problem. Murphy's law

I hear you, but in the absence of a stated time zone, it would simply default to midnight on the 3rd in the poster's timezone, right?

If you set a timezone, then it is a pain for all the people across all the zones involved to have to figure out the deadline relative to them. Just saying it is midnight wherever you are is easier for everyone.

To cover the most bases the final zone would have to have been Hawaii, no?
    Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What about Guam time zone 😉

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Its 2:02 in MT right now. What does this post show as a time stamp to you? Not being snarky, I just think you are seeing times based on your timezone.
    You are correct. I apologize and stand corrected. You clearly posted before the 4th in your time zone are a Premium member and was the closest with Your guess.

I believe You are the winner and should receive the pistol. I am sorry for any misunderstanding on my part.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I agree he posted in his time zone with time to spare. That makes him the winner.
    We are debating on doing this again with a p10 in the future if so we will also post the time zone more clearly in the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello All! I was deployed overseas on July 3rd with little notice and now getting the chance to check into HKPRO for the first time since then. I noticed that I am the winner of the HK P8 A1 giveaway contest since I guessed the closest number to 4630. Although I am not currently a HKPRO "Premium Partner", I will say that I am a premium member since 2006 with many forum postings. So technically speaking, I am the winner of the contest since I am a premium member that has been around for a long time. It does not state in the rules that you have to be a "Premium Partner" to win. There is a clear difference in wording. Please advise Augustine. Thanks!

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I think the point was being a paying member of HKPro at the time of the drawing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
    I think the point was being a paying member of HKPro at the time of the drawing.
    The point was not made clearly in the rules. It doesn't state a paying member nor a Premium Partner is needed to win.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links