Loving my new Reverse Stretch BAP9!

Thread: Loving my new Reverse Stretch BAP9!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Loving my new Reverse Stretch BAP9!

Put another couple hundred rounds through it tonight (full-auto makes short work of emptying those mags) and I must say that it is easily in my top 3 guns in terms of pure fun factor. Tonight I pulled out some of my reloads that wont cycle the slide on most of my handguns (deliberately under loaded for malfunction clearance practice) and even those ran -- you've got to love the reliability of an HK.

• I'm still trying to decide whether to mount an optic on it, but I love the welded rail that makes it so easy.
    • None of my other MP5 builds have had the Tac-latch and I love it. Super fast to yank those mags out one handed.
    • I think they may have thought I was nuts when I requested sniper gray Cerakote, but this gun is part of a set all finished in that color...

Sorry for the semi-crappy cell phone pics.

In "small" configuration:
    Loving my new Reverse Stretch BAP9!-bap9sm.jpg

Fully ready to rock:
    Loving my new Reverse Stretch BAP9!-bap9lg.jpg

For size comparison, HK MK23 w/ Osprey, and HK USP9 w/ Tundra:
    Loving my new Reverse Stretch BAP9!-supressedhkcomp.jpg

Sniper Gray set: short, medium, and long range (custom .308 has AAC Cyclone--form4 pending):
    Loving my new Reverse Stretch BAP9!-snipergrayset.jpg
    Last edited by leeland; 02-24-2014 at 02:49 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Very nice!! Excellent first post. I've got an RS myself, it's the perfect combination of size and function. What type of K handguard is that? I'm assuming you had the tang engraved?

I like the sniper gray. I'm thinking about requesting a titanium gunkote on one of my next builds.
    01 / 03

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt15550 View Post
    ...snip..What type of K handguard is that? I'm assuming you had the tang engraved?...snip..
    The handguard is something that HKparts created, their SKU number for it is: HKP14539. I do have one of HKParts vertical hand grips which has a nice clearance cut that lets your quick detach suppressor still function. It's nice, but the aluminum grip that is on there has absolutely no play and is quite comfortable. I plan to shoot it mostly suppressed, but if I ever do shoot without the can, I'll pop that other handguard on there for additional safety.

With regards to the engraving, I assume you are thinking it is registered as an SBR (it isn't). It is strictly a host gun for a registered sear trigger pack.
    Last edited by leeland; 02-24-2014 at 02:52 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Good deal. And $100+ cheaper than the Surefire version, so always looking for options.

... Get tired of people getting asked in their first post "Um, that's not an illegal SBR, is it?" Figured I'd inquire in a roundabout way...

Welcome to the forum!
    01 / 03

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I did another MP5k build with the Surefire rail and this one is more comfortable and still has the option of connecting the rails (even in 45 degree offset positions). I may put a small light or laser on a rail in front, but for now, I like it just smooth and comfortable.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do they make a similar hand guard for the MP5? Love that look.
    Raining Hell Shell by Shell - Artillery

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

m198 gunner,
    We put a full size version of that rail stock on our guns. You can purchase it from HKparts here:
    HK MP5 Tactical Handguard

Keep in mind that the stock finish has a very high shine to it. We refinished and color matched leeland's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brethren,

Thanks. I am the one that is having the two kits sent to you, one already showed. Will order these hand guards when I order the other parts from HK Parts if the other kit ever gets in.

Gunner
    Raining Hell Shell by Shell - Artillery

Sponsored Links