New PTR 91KF Owner in Southern California

Thread: New PTR 91KF Owner in Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New PTR 91KF Owner in Southern California

I just ordered a "Californicated" PTR 91 KF that will be released from jail at the end of the month. The pull on the stock is way too short for me and I will be replacing the stock with an after-market stock. Can anyone recommend a good HK gunsmith in Southern California?

Thanks.

ftbt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You won't need a gunsmith for that job. If your new stock comes complete with guide rod and spring and buffer (as does the collapsible stock advertised here recently), replacement is part of the ordinary tool-less field strip process. If it has fewer parts included, as does the surplus wooden furniture, it should take you only a few minutes with a screwdriver to swap the hardware onto the new stock.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great. Thanks again for the info.

ftbt

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Do not forget the spare 20rd mag rebuild kits, tonight might be your last chance for out of state online orders.

Enjoyed HK 41 91 with collapsible stocks for the shortest possible configuration, Good Luck with yours

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

where in so cal are you? interested in going out shooting anytime?
    91,43,sp89,40xp,45xp,mp5 pistol,53 pistol,50 beowulf,usc/ump, lots more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would love to. I am in the Long Beach /south Orange County area. The $64.00 question is, where to go? I asked the guys at Turners where I could go to sight in the gun, and they said the closest place was the Angeles range. However, before I do that, I need to replace the stock and have some additional work done on the gun. I will be ordering the parts this week and then taking it to Bolsa Gunsmithing for the work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can shoot at Angeles, Burro Canyon, Oak Tree.

Depending what you need done, if you go to the Burbank indoor shoot at the last Friday of the month, I can probably take care of it free (provided it's nothing which requires welding or grinding, hard to do that out at the range).

-Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Dave for the info and the offer. I ended up having the work done ... in 1 day ... by West Coast Gun Works in Stanton. They installed a Magpul stock, muzzle brake, recoil buffer, and ambi safety. Bolsa said it would take 3 weeks for them to do the work! I think I will give Angeles a try. I am now lusting for a scope .... Thinking maybe a Burris Eliminator III?

Bill

Sponsored Links