Soon to Be HK Owner, New to Forum, CA Compliance Question

Thread: Soon to Be HK Owner, New to Forum, CA Compliance Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Soon to Be HK Owner, New to Forum, CA Compliance Question

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I didn't see an intro forum so here it is. I'm a former LEO- little over 5 years on the street. Now I'm a civilian investigator for a state alphabet agency. I try to compete in action pistol disciplines and shoot as much as possible. I am fairly knowledgeable about firearms, training and tactics. This is my first H&K, so I probably have some questions I couldn't find the answer to with google-fu.

I just put money down on a P2000 V2 LEM with an online retailer. I live in CNY so I needed a 10+1 magazine option for shipping. Well, I know that H&K has pistols on the CA registry, and the P2000 I ordered (unknowingly at the time) is listed as CA Compliant (not obviously advertised on the webpage) I've googled and googled and can't figure out if this pistol has a goofy loaded chamber indicator that protrudes unnecessarily high from the pistol, and/or a magazine disconnect. I can live with a disconnect, but anything other than the HK standard LCI on the extractor is a no go. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks HK Pro!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

it will not have the loaded chamber indicator and it do not have a disconnect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK great! Thanks. I couldn't find that definitively anywhere! I guess it got on the roster before they made those requirements.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

yes hk has not submitted any of their new pistols to the ca doj in a while the last pistol they did submit was the p2000 nothing past then has been submitted

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are seeking competition HKs, I suggest a VP9 or a P30L. Both weapons would be available via the Private Party Transfer and not at your local gun store for non LEOs. Which part of CA are you in? Im in Sac.
    HK VP9
    HK45
    HK MR556A1 Competition
    HK USPc 9mm SS
    HK VP9 LE
    HK VP9sk

Ducks Unlimited Life Sponsor
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links