range assistance
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: range assistance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default range assistance

Hi Guys,
    Last summer I bought a slightly used SL8-1. I don't know if it was just VERY clean or if it had never been fired. To me, it's not nearly as accurate as I expected. I've tried different ammo and different scopes and have it down to "ok" - meaning 4" or so groups @ 100 yards.

I'd like to see if there is anyone in NorCal who is very familiar with the SL8/G36 platform that I could meet at a range to verify if it's me or if there is a problem with the rifle. My understanding is that this should be easily shooting 1 MOA groups at 100 yards but so far I'm not even close to that.

Thanks,
    Marc

My ongoing post about ammo and accuracy: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-g...erences-3.html
    Last edited by mcm95403; 04-26-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    Steyr STG 77 (AUG)
    ATI MKE-94 - for sale
    Springfield XD .45 Tactical
    Springfield XD 9mm full size
    Bersa .380 Firestorm
    CZ 612 HC-P 12 ga

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nobody in NorCal available?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Were in NorCal?

Also if possible I would contact Chopstick kid he might be able to help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Northern California is a huge area you need to be more specific. Bay area? Central valley? Way north up towards the border?
    "You're in America now," I said. "Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
    Harry Dresden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm in Fremont - Bay Area - but have no problem driving several hours if need be to meet someone who is better than me with these to check it out.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Try some good ammo. 223 Federal 77 grain Gold Medal Match Sierra Matchking BTHP ammo GM223M3. Expensive but will take one factor out of the equation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Went to the range today with different ammo and had much better results: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-g...ml#post1792480

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am actually In Union city so if you are still having issues I can at give it a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drozd View Post
    I am actually In Union city so if you are still having issues I can at give it a shot.
    Do you have an SL8 too? I'm looking for someone who is very familiar with them. Also, did you have a chance to check out todays results? If so, does that seem "normal" to you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have always wanted an sl8 but they are hard to find now that HK no longer sells them. I have experience with a variety of firearms and have been troubleshooting my own issues for years now. I do not have an sl8 but what i do have is an RPK. Klashnikov systems are not known for their accuracy but with its heavy barrel and a red dot it produces about 2 MOA (1 inch) 5 shot groups at 50 yards with match ammo. Your SL8 is a dedicated target rifle with a free floated barrel and should be able to shoot at least that accurate. If it is not shooting that well then there is room for improvement. It is hard for me to tell how well you actually shot based on the targets shown in the other thread. I would need to know what size a good 5 shot group was measured center of impact to center of impact. Did you measure a good 5 shot group?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links