New to Forum Introduction

Thread: New to Forum Introduction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New to Forum Introduction

Hello Everyone!

Seven more days until I pick up my P2KSK, 9mm, V3! Bought it new for a about $800.00 (OTD).

This will be my second HK. I owned a .40 USPC back in the mid '90s. But I didn't hang on to it very long.

My main current pistol is a Glock Model 23 (gen. 4). I decided to look into 9mms due to ammo cost and I wanted something a tad more concealable. Around my parts, its about $20 for a box of 50 in .40 and $23 for a box of 100 in 9mm, both Winchester FMJ. I seriously considered the M&P shield because its so thin but I didn't like the way it shot. I also looked into the Glock 43. My short list was:

1) HK P2KSK;
    2) Sig P239;
    3) Sig P220c;
    4) Sig P229.

On paper and at the gun store I was able to eliminate the Sigs off my list just because I couldn't justify their sizes and weights with capacity and practicality. Best advice I was given was "if it's too big to conceal or too heavy to carry...you won't carry it!"

And what I was shopping for was a primary EDC. I would LOVE any and all of the Sig's I mentioned above as "range" guns. But to have it strapped to my EVERY DAY for hours on end? I also wear tailored suits everyday and on my off days ride motorcycles. Not very easy to conceal in a suit or on a bike.

I rented a P2KSK in 9mm at my local range and feel in love! It didn't feel quite as "mouse-gun"ey as my brother's M&P Shield (9mm). Precieved recoil was managed so well, my 11 year old shot a few magazines with it and was pretty dang accurate! It also had a much smoother trigger and better ergonomics (at least, for MY hands) than my Glock. After shooting about 200 rounds through the range's rental P2KSK, I decided I prefer DA/SA to DAO and I've also grown weary of Glock's blocky grip. Glocks are awesome guns, I'll probably keep it forever. If we ever have a zombie apocalypse, a Glock is a great choice! I just want to try something a little more refined.

The guy at the gunstore made an interesting analogy between Glock and H&K: He said "Glock is beer and H&K is a single malt whiskey".

With this gun, my priorities are:

1) PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE the first DA shot!;
    2) Find a good holster, belt, etc. (I ordered a leather IWB and a custom Alessi Bodyguard yesterday!);
    3) Find good NS that won't cost as much as another gun;
    4) Find affordable magazines.

I also hope to learn a lot for everyone! Thanks for letting me in the club! :)

***I feel I must explain my desire to carry with a shoulder holster because I am aware of their drawbacks and how most people feel about them. I spend a lot of time in my car. Not long periods, per se, but I'm in and out of my car several dozen times a day. I also ride my motorcycle to work when I don't need to be dressed up. I have two bikes, a "standard" naked bike and an aggressively positioned cruiser. Neither bike would allow carry from 9:00-3:00 due to the riding position/fuel tank. Carrying anywhere from 7:00-5:00 or 4:00-3:00 would either print heavily or potentially creates a situation where I could lose my firearm without a level 2+ retention holster. With the armor on my motorcycle jacket, reaching to 6:00 is very difficult. Ankle holsters are out of the question for me and I won't "bag carry" because I don't want a firearm anywhere I can't feel it. So, regrettably a shoulder holster made the most sense for me. We'll see if it sticks or whether I hear enough "Tubbs and Crocket" jokes and get a man-ny pack. :\

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum ! I think you'll like your choice on the P2KSK . Keep us posted !
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks!

I picked it up last week and qualified with it that same day.

As most already know, this gun is a sweet shooter in 9mm.

So far, I've put about 300 rounds through it without a hiccup. I would buy it again!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to HK and to the forum. I'm in NorCal and started shooting HKs in late 2014. Love them and practice often.
    HK VP9
    HK45
    HK MR556A1 Competition
    HK USPc 9mm SS
    HK VP9 LE
    HK VP9sk

Ducks Unlimited Life Sponsor
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links