HKPRO Forums banner

California 'high capacity' law was ruled unconstitutional!

10K views 48 replies 30 participants last post by  HibikiR 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
This really is great news. I've been following this a little bit myself, and following the news regarding Missouri's bill to restrict federal gun laws in the state.
The saddest part of this, is that Cali will most likly attempt to appeal, so we still have to see how it stands in the higher courts, to see whether the ruling will stick or not.

#12 ·
So, from what I understand, part of this is that the new “possession” law was overturned. If the 9th CC overrules and the “possession” law goes back into effect, that means all of these newly bought mags will be illegal again, right?

#18 ·
Breaking: Beccera asks for a stay from Judge Benitez For April 2nd Earliest - Calguns.net

"To effectively preserve the status quo, and to prevent a sudden influx of large capacity magazines (LCMs) into the State of California (the “State”), Defendant respectfully requests that the Court issue an immediate, temporary stay pending its ruling on the application for a stay pending appeal. Even if this Court, or the Ninth Circuit, ultimately issues a stay pending appeal, the State will suffer irreparable injury if LCMs are permitted to flow into the State in the interim. Defendant respectfully requests that such a temporary stay be issued by no later than April 2,
2019."
"Defendant brings this ex parte application for good cause on the ground that the State will suffer irreparable and immediate injury until a stay pending appeal is issued. California has restricted the acquisition of LCMs for nearly two decades, and until the Judgment is stayed pending appeal, individuals will be free to acquire new LCMs, and there is evidence that sales have begun already. If Section 32310 is ultimately reinstated by the Ninth Circuit, it will be difficult for the State to remove these new LCMs."

#19 ·
I so hope that XXX starts selling their XXX firearm to Californians of which now will come standard with beta mags.

TPM, PCS, DT... I'm looking in your directions. Call it the CaliMP5-BetaN? (beaten... get it? =) I thank you very much.)

But seriously.... YOUR PRODUCTS now STANDARD with BETA MAGS...

#26 ·
I hope you guys in California are aware that Becerra is appealing the ruling to the progressive 9th circuit, and that if the 9th circuit strikes down the ruling, all of the mags you are buying now are illegal again. If it goes to the supreme court after that, it will depend on the opinion of Obamacare traitor Justice Roberts, who denied a stay on the bump stock ban.

#27 ·
BAD NEWS!!! It IS official! Becerra ordered a stay and you have got until 5.00 pm TODAY to make your purchase(s)!
After that, they can no longer be legally ordered or brought into the state, until the official hearing as to whether the law was struck down or not. :(

Reactions: HKaltwasser
#30 ·
LCM is back on the menu in CA! Buy! Buy! Buy!

The opinion was mailed to the parties about 15 minutes ago. From the summary:

The panel affirmed the district court’s summary judgment in favor of plaintiffs challenging California Government Code § 31310, which bans possession of large capacity magazines (“LCMs”) that hold more than ten rounds of ammunition; and held that the ban violated the Second Amendment.
Calguns.net - View Single Post - Duncan V Becerra - large cap mags Panel agrees with Benitez 8-14-20

RTG already taking orders
Calguns.net - View Single Post - Duncan V Becerra - large cap mags Panel agrees with Benitez 8-14-20

BREAKING NEWS! WE CAN NOW SHIP ALL HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES TO CALIFORNIA. ORDER ONLINE AND WE WILL SHIP!

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/home.asp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.