California Compliant
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: California Compliant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default California Compliant

My brothers in Arms. I am moving from the great state of Colorado to California in the next two weeks. I was searching for some details on which of my HKs I can take to California? I am clear on the pistols but long guns not so much. I found the following thread
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk.../142819?page=1 and it states a bullet button and 10rd mag is all I need? Then I come across this thread ( https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hkpro-me.../148035?page=1) and it says I need the flash hider welded and stock pinned and all 922 is parts? I'm guessing the latter? At the end of the day I want to take the following and need to know what i need to do or if I need tk leave them back at my house in Colorado?

USC
    SL8
    SR9TC
    MR556
    416D .22lr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your best bet is to check out Calguns for current info. I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.
    On the mr556 I would swap the FH to a compensator, pin the stock (this can be done elegantly) or swap for a fixed, and add a Kydex wrap to get rid of the pistol grip.
    I would use a Kydex wrap on the usc and sl8.
    SR9TC is tough because the grip and stock make it, but swapping the wood grip (not trigger) and stock for for plain old fixed 91 furniture and adding Kydex would do it, however I just left mine in NC.
    No clue on the .22
    I would talk to a CA FFL that deals in this stuff. Coyote Point Armory in Bay Area knows their Hk’s if you are headed that way. Fix it all before you enter the state though.
    Last edited by dbj2003; 05-19-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Recreational HK Collector

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Having lots of gun-friends over the border from me (I'm in AZ) I hear every sort of horror story. Any gun law there can be interpreted to the suit of whatever cop you happen to be stuck with. The 'spirit of intent' doesn't mean crap in most cases.

IMO, leave everything in CO, even though that might not be any better soon.

Take one piece with you for self-defense, one you might not mind too much if confiscated.

DG
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

On your AR's you have 2 options Featureless or Fixed Mag. With the fixed mag there are many compliant kits out there. If you don't mind the grip fin featureless lets you keep your standard mag release. Lots of options for you. You will want to make them compliant prior to coming into Calif. or bring them in with the upper and lower apart and don't assemble until compliant.
    Welcome to HK Pro

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I have lived in Nor Cal Twice.

85/88 and then moved back to Co. And bought our first home in Denver. When I was there in 85 I actually purchased two L1A1's from a local gun shop on the west bay side for around $800 each , can't remember the name of the LGS (or if they are still in business).

The second time was 92/95 when we left that time we moved up to Portland, Or. THEN after three years, we moved back to Co.

There is just not enough money in the world to get me to move back to Cali the way it is now.
    Last edited by wallew; 05-19-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    chuckster62 likes this.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

OP,
    1. 416D .22lr you don't need to do anything, CA Assault weapon law apply to center fire rifle.

2. USC --> convert to featureless: you need Kydex Grip Wrap and pinned the stock (not able to fold). You can get the Kydex Grip Wrap here https://shop.solartactical.com/HK-SERIES_c35.htm

3. SL8 --> convert to featureless: you need Kydex Grip Wrap. You can get the Kydex Grip Wrap here https://shop.solartactical.com/HK-SERIES_c35.htm

4. SP9TC --> convert to featureless: You need to replace the wood grip with standard G3 grip so you can add Kydex grip wrap because no grip wrap available for the wood grip unless you want to make one yourself. You also need to replaced PSG1/MSG stock with standard G3/HK91 stock because PSG1/MSG stock is consider as "Telescoping".
    You can get the grip wrap at same place above and G3 grip and stock at RTG https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Furniture-c25.htm

5. MR556 --> convert to featureless: remove the FH with thread protector or muzzle break. Add Kydex grip wrap. Fix/pinned the stock, MR556 stock has set screw you can turn it to prevent stock from "telescoping" or you can replace it with Magpul MOE fixed carbine stock.

Make sure your featureless rifle has OAL (over all length) greater or equal than 30".

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

If Solar Tactical does not have a stock wrap for your grip, you can send them your grip and they will make a custom one at no additional charge.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You can too get the grip wrap at HK Parts https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/show...word=grip+wrap or here Featureless Fin Grips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing is legal in California

What you have to understand about California is that politicians (mostly corrupt ones like Brown and Newsom) make gun ban laws on the fly.

Average about about 6 redundant gun ban laws per year without voter approval.

There simply is no legal configuration of an HK gun of any platform that will avoid the characteristics bans that exist and pending / will come.

Any gun or gun-like object found in your possession can potentially be tried in criminal court. Most lawyers in California are ill equipped to defend you if you ever get in trouble.

Conversely, most prosecutors are equally idiotic and don't have effective means on weapons-alone charges. In the end you will potentially just loose a lot of money, legal wise or cost of living in California.

If you make $350k or more a year, you can marginally live in California, and get the nessisary legal papers to own anything you want.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You can also bring off roster pistols In...

If you bring some sp5ks in.. you can easily fetch 5-6k a piece.... (only thing you will have to do is modify a washer to a c-shape.. so the mag release does not work unless you take the grip frame off...)

Vo9sk will go for double what you paid...etc...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links