Thinking of buying a PTR91 by Lanworld. Legal in cal?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying a PTR91 by Lanworld. Legal in cal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thinking of buying a PTR91 by Lanworld. Legal in cal?

So I'm considering buying a California version PTR91 (Hk 91 copy) from Lanworld inc.. My favorite evil black rifle in the whole world has been the HK91/G-3 since I first got into guns as a kid. I want a (.308) that I can take to the range & shoot without going to jail, but something a little more sporty than an M1A. They offer them with a maglock that takes a tool or bullet to remove vs. a finger & a modified 20 rd mag to only accept 10 rds. Does anyone in California have a weapon of this nature that shoots at a range without hassle from the law? My local ffl dealer said he has sold a bunch of them locally & has never heard of a problem from his customers. Lanworld also said the California versions are CA compliant. Please give me some feedback! Thanks!!

TR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PTR 91 Squad Carbine
    Caliber: .308
    California version is now available <---- Looks like you are good to go.

I've got my eye on the MP15-T (in the AR-15 section) myself. Gotta get while the gettin's good, I fear much will change after this November...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks TR. I may end up going with the M1A if my cautious side gets the best of me when I place my order. Although I would REALLY like the PTR91, I am still a little afraid of pulling up to the range & having someone freak out about it before they take the time to see that it has the CA compliant parts per D.O.J. description. I do like the M1A with it's proven track record then & now but being able to legally own & shoot an evil black rifle thrills me. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

even though all my black rifles are legal i have never had a problem shooting any of my hk's at my local range, the only gun that raised an eyebrow was my 1919, i have had people freak when shooting this one.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mag-Loc`

I have an AR-15 with a mag-loc and detachable mag.

I am wainting for a HKUSC 45 acp with a mag-loc and detachable magazine.

No problems with my AR at the shooting ranges and I do not expect problems with the HK. Have had a few people ask and look.

If you want to keep a low profile don't go above a 10 round max/20 round mag look. Putting on a 10 round max/30 mag will draw some attention.

Go and have some fun.
    Hidden Content NRA Patron Member
    ~If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them~

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    I have an AR-15 with a mag-loc and detachable mag.

I am wainting for a HKUSC 45 acp with a mag-loc and detachable magazine.

No problems with my AR at the shooting ranges and I do not expect problems with the HK. Have had a few people ask and look.

If you want to keep a low profile don't go above a 10 round max/20 round mag look. Putting on a 10 round max/30 mag will draw some attention.

Go and have some fun.
    I have the H&K USC with the Radd lock installed and I shoot it at American Shooting Center in San Diego. I've never had problems and that place is literally right next to the FBI building. Besides, they rent the USC and the SL8-1 there so how would anyone even know (or care for that matter) whether your shooting yours or the rental...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Caution aside if the HK is legal by California standards, then let them look and don't worry about it. I have a PTR91 here in Ca. and I love it. I take it to the range and the only time that anyone has ever asked me about it was to see when I bought it...trying to see if it was preban I guess. I bought it this year and it is not a California Legal weapon, but I am a police officer, so I can still purchase regular weapons in California. If your worried about people question you about the weapon carry a copy of the penal code defining assault weapon (12276.1 PC I think) and show that you gun is not considered an assault weapon..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Calshooter, my thoughts exactly were to take a copy of the code book & sales receipt with me every time I take it out. I placed my order Friday for the rifle & the 10 day wait is feeling like 10 years! I haven't heard negative feedback from anyone that actually owns & shoots Cal legal "evil black guns" that I've spoke with, including you guys. I called both the shooting ranges near me & they said many people bring Cal legal AR's, AK's, etc. to their ranges with no hassle from anyone. Just people curious about them because theyr'e so cool. Thanks again guys!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You wont regret the purchase. Im not sure how it works with the PTR91, but I know on the Ca legal FN FAL's it is fairly easy to convert the weapon back to its intended state if you either move out of California to another state, or if California ever joins the rest of the union and lifts the Assault Weapon Ban. I wouldn't worry so much about people at the range as being stopped by an underinformed cop and having to explain the weapon to him. Just know your stuff and know what makes the weapon Ca legal. Happy shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another question, I ordered the standard version in factory configuration. It is coming with a maglock, threaded barrel & flash hider. As far as I know, a flash hider will put this into illegal territory right? I looked at the PTR website & they do show a muzzle brake which I will install if needed. Is it the flash hider or the threaded barrel that counts as an evil feature? Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links