Another Pic of South Korean Swat (Updated Jan 10) - Page 3
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Pic of South Korean Swat (Updated Jan 10)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Another Pic of South Korean Swat

[ QUOTE ]
    Then there was the Iranian in the airport...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do tell! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    You've heard correctly. Their military and police don't take crap off of anyone. ROK Marines are hardcore.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn right. my friends dad was a ROK marine before he came to America, and that guy is badass. His office was located in Koreatown when the riots broke out back in the 90s, and that guy kicked some ass. He was telling me how he grabbed his AR-15 and his P9S and just sat in the door way with his buddy, you can use your imagination to fill in the rest of the story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Them is some serious airsoft players! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

/RM

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Another Pic of South Korean Swat (Updated)

Hey Chef

Got any close-ups of their webbing/vests? If you have, can you send them or post them.

Thanks

AusCop [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry auscop [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], no webbing pics. You could always try searching google for 868.

HUKI, here's a better wiew of the light/laser:

[ QUOTE ]
    SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA - JUNE 23: South Korean Special Police Team patrol a train station area to tackle possible terror attacks which could threaten the safety of the new high-speed rail service (KTX) June 23, 2004 in Seoul, South Korea. An Iraqi militant group has beheaded its South Korean hostage, Al-Jazeera television reported June 22, just hours after a go-between stated the execution had been delayed and there were negotiations for the man's release. The South Korean foreign ministry issued a statement confirming that Kim Sun-il had been killed, but did not say he was beheaded. (Photo by Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thx for the explanation on the headgear.
    They also must have a contract with oakley [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah my saxonian friend it is an old Sonderwagen-4.
    But I like our greenones more [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I see a P7 in that first of the new pics.. Check the guy on the rights holster. HK must treat the South Koreans pretty well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Chef. The system still looks a litte over the top...

Nice to see the UMP + Armored car/truck. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nice pictures guys.

- Huki

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    On the last pix you send this guys had green berrets on.
    Those here are wearing red one´s.
    Can someone tell what kind of different units they are ?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Those in red berrets are from police central SWAT unit - 868 Unit. Those in green berrets are from local SWAT unit from Inchon (I think all policemen from local SWAT units have green berrets but I could be wrong. I'm sure that SWAT from Inchon has green ones).

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'll add some. What I'm saying is from my memory and it's been some time since I checked up on the facts, so I might have problems.

In Korea, the police system is the national police, unlike US where each county/city has their own LEOs. The red ones are the ones directly under Seoul department(?) They have all the control over KNP SWAT inclusding the local ones like Pusan, Daegu(Taegu) and etc.. The green berets you see are under different group, specifically for airport duties(Inchon and Cheju - Cheju also has an international airport). They are not in the same chain of command as the red berets.(they are still under the national police though)

they were founded in Oct. 5th, 1983

Age limit is from 21 to 35 for men, 20 and 30 for women.

applicants need to have minimum of 2 yrs of experience in special forces during military conscription, and that includes ROK marines too.

must have 3 dan(level) in Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Kumdo, or Hapkido.(one of the 4, not all)

home page(in Korean): http://www.kpswat.go.kr/

funny. they used to have weapons listed there. now it's gone. anyways, they use K1 rifle(Daewoo), HK MP5s(don't remember the detail), and HK P9M13

And yes, Korean military can be brutal. Even as a kid, I went through severe beating in school, and Kimchi reinforces the toughness. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

edit: big thanks to Swedish Chef! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're welcome guys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links