G-3’s are still used in Mexico - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: G-3’s are still used in Mexico

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A gun is a gun, if they are in stores they better put it to good use. They don't have the same financing as US/European forces. Besides, if you have to stop a vehicle or someone with body armor I'd also rather be toting around something in 7.62x51. The Brazilian police used Madsen M1902 LMGs up to 2008(!). If they still work, it's still a potent weapon. They've been purchased in the late '30s and were hardly used, so why throw them away to buy something new and expensive.

Criminals usually don't notice the difference between 5.56 and 7.62x51 or 7x57.. Getting shot with a relic does not make you less dead.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My pups are with me almost all day. I can't imagine the heartache. I'm happy to hear you have your dog back.
    Get clean shots, watch your background.
    Instagram: Needmore308

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Mexicans have the same problem the Germans had in the 80's; their G3's still work fine and shoot straight.

In my neck of the woods, the Mexican infantry still carry G3's with stock iron sights. Greenish/gray polymer furniture.

They tend to be guys who are smaller in stature, too, but it works for them. Less is more.
    Last edited by FergusandCo; 06-24-2018 at 04:28 AM.
    "Remain yourself, in spite of all the mighty do."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would love to bring back some full auto trigger packs. That would be great. I can only dream. Most of their g-3’s are pretty worn, cosmetically.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, sadly, I think it's just a matter of time before they replace the G3's with the new rifles that externally resemble the G-36 (with the Aztec name). I think it's just the "sexy" factor, which will make that inevitable, no matter how much life the G3's have left in them. The navy already seems to use M-16A2's and M4 style carbines.

I also wonder if Mexico uses or manufactures the equivalent of the old German 7.62 ball ammo (with the brittle bronze jacketing), which has been proven to have such devastating terminal effects. So bad that the Europeans felt guilty, and modified the round. The Danes, who used the same ammo for their G3's, actually did an extensive forensics investigation, wondering why everyone who was shot with this round, almost anyplace, was pretty much a goner. A lot of accidents, suicides, and crimes of passion, I think, mostly, since they weren't in any conflicts at the time. It's a interesting read. I'm not making this up. Of course, the conclusion was that they didn't want an infantry rifle firing a round that was that dangerous, and the Germans followed suit and thickened the jacketing, turning it into unremarkable normal ball ammo. I know the Swedes did something similar with their 5.56mm rifles. Go figure.

The Mexican's seem very satisfied with the stopping power of their G3's in all the cartel-related gunfights which they have been in. I've seen some photos in which folks look like they've been hit by "varmint grenade" rounds instead of 7.62 NATO ball. Grim stuff.
    Last edited by FergusandCo; 06-24-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links