HK VP9 Striker Fire Pistol Review - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: HK VP9 Striker Fire Pistol Review

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix Kid View Post
    IMPORTANT:

2) Do not use the rear charging assist tabs against clothing or gear to release the slide (injury assist technique). The tabs are for HAND MANIPULATION ONLY.

Why? If you tell me because they will break i will be sorely disappointed .
    In this house we serve the Lord, but we use H&K. - TSK

H&K USP TACTICAL .45
    H&K HK45 "T"
    H&K USPc .45
    H&K USPc .45 50th Anniversary
    H&K P30LS 9mm
    H&K VP9
    H&K P30sk 9mm
    H&K USPc 9mm
    H&K USPc .357 Sig
    Sig Sauer P226 9mm
    CZ Scorpion Evo 3
    Springfield XDS 9mm
    Springfield 1911 TRP
    Mod. Saiga-12 Shotgun
    Rem 870 Tactical "Magpul"
    Custom AR-15 "STEELKNIGHT VARIANT"
    S&W PC 629 Competitor

"Glocks are like small block chevy's. Overly abundant and rarely impressive" - Wes

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteelKnight View Post
    Why? If you tell me because they will break i will be sorely disappointed .
    In my testing, yes, I have sheared them off. I was fortunate however that they did not break and I was able to reinstall them.
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer
    B&T Master Dealer
    Roller Locks Made Right(TM)

Looking for a Nanuk case?
    Enjoy 15% off site wide at Hidden Content
    Use code: JSTOP15

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~ Bertrand Russell

Hidden Content

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    You do not need that anyway. You always can use slide release, no matter if left or right hand is still good.
    Agreed, however that will not stop people from doing it. Releasing the slide against gear and clothing is commonly taught technique here in the US.
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer
    B&T Master Dealer

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix Kid View Post
    Agreed, however that will not stop people from doing it. Releasing the slide against gear and clothing is commonly taught technique here in the US.
    But it is taught to use rear sight, so this should be not a problem.

Anyway, I train to use equipment I use, not every other equipment. So, if I use HK P-series platform (or similar, like HK45C), I train to use it's features to maximum. I prefer to be be good on one platform, than mediocre on all platforms.

I do familiarise myself with lot of other weapon system, of course. Just in case.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    But it is taught to use rear sight, so this should be not a problem.

Anyway, I train to use equipment I use, not every other equipment. So, if I use HK P-series platform (or similar, like HK45C), I train to use it's features to maximum. I prefer to be be good on one platform, than mediocre on all platforms.

I do familiarise myself with lot of other weapon system, of course. Just in case.
    My point is, the rear tabs are for hand manipulation only. Any other use may result in damage to the tabs.
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer
    B&T Master Dealer

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where the heck is it?! Everyone on youtube already has one. wtf :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wanted to add my opinions of the VP9, and this was the best thread I have found so far. Now I know I am not a regular here as far as posting, but I do follow and enjoy the forums. I thought I would add my two cents since the VP9 has become the "one" for me.

Let me start of with the fact that I own a few H&K pistols, the P30, HK45, USP 45c. I love shooting all of them, but I don't shoot them very well compared to my Glock19 with custom 3.5connector/slide/trigger the works basically. No matter which gun I picked up and wanted to love, be it for looks, capacity or features, I just couldn't run them as well as I could my Glock.

I figured striker fired is best for me, and that I would never be able to enjoy the HK line as much as my Glock (sensing a theme?)

I pre-ordered the VP9 as soon as I got word it would be shipping, and I have had it two weeks now. I LOVE it, not only does it carry well (P30 holster from crossbreed) but it fits my hand perfectly, the sights seem to just line up perfect from holster draw. Its just a natural fitting gun for me, even with thumbs forward I don't hit the slide release which happens often when shooting my P30. The trigger imo is better than the PPQ (which I also own). While the VP9 doesn't have that audible "click" like the PPQ, it still is easy to "feel" the reset and get great double taps.

The sights are typical, and for me seem to be in a sweet spot just above what a 6o'clock hold would be. Easy to pick up the front sight again for followup shots. The gun is a bit louder than my Glock and a buddies SIG 226, we were all using the same ammo/grain as well. I have no idea why, or what that means, but I thought it was interesting.

All of this is really a winded way to say that the VP9 really lives up to the hype, and the price, cash at my lgs was just under 640$ out the door. If you were on the fence, or if you happen to be a Glock shooter ( I know I know) and wondering if it would be worth your time, it is. The feel, quality, trigger its just what I think all working pistols should be.

I have a bit over 600 rounds and replaced the factory sights with mepro night sights as I have made this my carry gun. I did fiddle with removing the "wings" but found that I really like them, even when not consciously trying to use them, I find them right there and awesome.

Sorry to be long winded and fan boyish. But I really am impressed, I have bored my co-workers who I shoot with to death, as well as my wife.. So I thought I would share with all of you. heh Thanks for reading.

for the TLDR crew: the VP9 is awesome, it has replaced my Glock 19 as my ccw, and frankly you should go buy one now.

/Alan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I currently have 3 USP models. 40 full size, and Compacts in 40 (LEM trigger, no safety, or decock lever with night sites), and a 45 compact (variant 3). I was at my local gun show last weekend and came across the VP9 new in box. I hadn't seen one before this, and knew I had to have it. I traded my old Gen 3 Glock 22 and $275 cash for it since I just got a Gen 4 22 recently. They were selling it for $600. I can't say enough great things about this VP9. It's probably one of the most ergonomic pistols on the market. I had a P30 and P2000 in 9mm before, but sold them both a while back. I have to say this new VP9 shoots so nice. The thing I like most about it is that I can change the back and side straps out so my wife can shoot it comfortably as well. The trigger is probably the best trigger I have ever shot. Also I have to give HK kudos for keeping the large trigger guard for my big fat fingers, especially with tactical gloves on. I don't much care for the painted charging sites, and will eventually get night sites put on. I did get a 3rd 15 round magazine for it for $45 tax included. Just a heads up. The VP9 fits perfectly into my Blackhawk Serpa level II retention USP holster. Also, with my Streamlight TLR 1 it fits perfectly into my Glock 21 Safariland level III duty holster with no wiggling. You can also use the P30 magazines in it. So if you are considering getting one, don't hesitate. I got mine a week and a half ago, and the gun show sold out of them the same day I got mine. Since that time all of the local gun stores have ran out of spare magazines for it as well.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Late to the party. I have both the P30 and VP9. Had the P30 for five years now. Best firearm I have ever owned in every way. Gotta sell one to keep my marriage. I love the takedown of the VP9. I hate the slide release but only because arthritis is centered in the saddle of my left thumb and forefinger. Like sticking an ice pick in there and wiggling it. Not an issue with the P30. I also like the P30 decocker. It's one more safety feature in the stronger first round pull of the trigger. The VP9 was dead center out of the box. Any follow up thoughts would be great. Thanks!

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Late to the party. I have both the P30 and VP9. Had the P30 for five years now. Best firearm I have ever owned in every way. Gotta sell one to keep my marriage. I love the takedown of the VP9. I hate the slide release but only because arthritis is centered in the saddle of my left thumb and forefinger. Like sticking an ice pick in there and wiggling it. Not an issue with the P30. I also like the P30 decocker. It's one more safety feature in the stronger first round pull of the trigger. The VP9 was dead center out of the box. Any follow up thoughts would be great. Thanks!
    Sounds like you have the answer you are looking for... keep the P30. The VP9 is a great gun but not for everyone. Jason Koon did a great job trying to guide HK in producing the "perfect" handgun, but Germany will be Germany. In the end, Germany did what they wanted and a bunch of people still prefer the hammered guns.
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer
    B&T Master Dealer

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content