it's a gift ....
    Or the whiskey..... :)

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    Man you continue to awe me!! Awesome!!
    If you are still CATM, are you guys running any qual courses for SF or Raven teams with the MP5s, or is it an OSI and STS gig only? I've spent some time in SF and STS armories and had fun.
    Did ranges for M4 & M9 mostly. For other SF cops, some EOD guys and others whose job had TO weapons IE a few pilots. Also ran a few 249 and crew served ranges. 147th is now a recon wing - preds. Never had any interactions with OSI agents or STS or ASOS guys. Only MP5 action I had was when I was with Marine Corps Security Forces. USMC 95-03 and Air Guard 06-12. 1st Civ Div 12-present.
    Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 10-21-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I concur with EXOTIC TOY - your eye for composition and background are excellent - beyond most photographers I've talked to.

As you know, WORDS SELL PICTURES, PICTURES SELL WORDS. At least that was the way it is for freelance photojournalist.

I have thousands upon thousands of photo's mainly of motorcycles, specifically Harley's and associated people and things. From Sturgis 50th to Daytona Beach 50th. But it is more of a hobby than a profession.

I love your ability to make the background disappear OR show up brightly. It's a talent most don't have.

And while I realize that BLACK is a big deal in the firearms world, you have managed to work with BLACK very nicely. Your curves and sharp edges jump out of some of these photos. It shows exactly how great an eye you have.

Congrats. Keep it up.

AND YES, PLEASE DO A DAKOTA TACTICAL CALENDAR. I'd buy a couple (one to hang up and other to keep in my files).

I love to ENLARGE photo's... to sizes most never attempt. And not all of the one's I've enlarged were taken by me. IF you have ONE photo that you've always thought it would be great blown up to 4' x 5' drop me a line and we can talk. I'll have two made. ONE for me and one for you.

my best...

jimw
    Last edited by wallew; 10-22-2018 at 01:03 AM.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It bugs me that the brown/tan/FDE/whatever between the guns doesn't match :p

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

I should have gotten pictures of me shooting the HK MP5 quals, but this will have to do. All DT baby!

Your pics are magnifique!!!

Tony

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    Did ranges for M4 & M9 mostly. For other SF cops, some EOD guys and others whose job had TO weapons IE a few pilots. Also ran a few 249 and crew served ranges. 147th is now a recon wing - preds. Never had any interactions with OSI agents or STS or ASOS guys. Only MP5 action I had was when I was with Marine Corps Security Forces. USMC 95-03 and Air Guard 06-12. 1st Civ Div 12-present.
    Brother, it sounds like you know how to get around!

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    I concur with EXOTIC TOY - your eye for composition and background are excellent - beyond most photographers I've talked to.

As you know, WORDS SELL PICTURES, PICTURES SELL WORDS. At least that was the way it is for freelance photojournalist.

I have thousands upon thousands of photo's mainly of motorcycles, specifically Harley's and associated people and things. From Sturgis 50th to Daytona Beach 50th. But it is more of a hobby than a profession.

I love your ability to make the background disappear OR show up brightly. It's a talent most don't have.

And while I realize that BLACK is a big deal in the firearms world, you have managed to work with BLACK very nicely. Your curves and sharp edges jump out of some of these photos. It shows exactly how great an eye you have.

Congrats. Keep it up.

AND YES, PLEASE DO A DAKOTA TACTICAL CALENDAR. I'd buy a couple (one to hang up and other to keep in my files).

I love to ENLARGE photo's... to sizes most never attempt. And not all of the one's I've enlarged were taken by me. IF you have ONE photo that you've always thought it would be great blown up to 4' x 5' drop me a line and we can talk. I'll have two made. ONE for me and one for you.

my best...

jimw
    Thank you for the kind words, it is always good to get solid feedback from guys who know what its like getting the good shots.

Four foot by five foot? That certainly is interesting..... Do you prefer something MP5 related?

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Pretty much ANYTHING HK.

I bow to your creative eye - pick something that you would not normally pick for most people.

I have an eye for detail and I love contrasting shades and colors.

Making a large print of this is not that big a deal, but as you know, a large file is going to be the key to a great print.

The format should be something in a landscape picture which will best lend itself to the 5 ft width...

Fly me a kite - let me know what you are thinking.

jim
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

Excellent--- I will have you photoshoot my collection!!!

Tony

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links