New B&T Licensing Agreement with H&K - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New B&T Licensing Agreement with H&K

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    So 2.5 years after demoing cans at SHOT, many are still not in production? I think that is what he means by a company that "didn't want my money". Do you know why it is taking so long?
    What's taking them so long... ?

It's a start-up in a capital intensive industry that is highly regulated. That's what is taking time. You don't just buy the machines, turn them on and start spitting out NFA products. If there were unlimited resources I'm sure they would have full production of all their lines be they rifles, SMGs, suppressors, etc... .

But like all companies, resources aren't unlimited and they have to be deployed strategically as they see fit, not how we see fit. After all, it's their money they are playing with not ours. And before someone bemoans,"well then they should want my money". Let me tell you in No Uncertain Terms; THEY DO WANT OUR MONEY and once they claw their way to full production I'm sure they will take it all in pennies if that's what you got.

Everyone needs to chill and be patient. Hell, how long have we waited for H&K to take action on what we desire?! I'm sure for some of us older folks it's been decades.

JMHO, from a regular guy;-)
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    What's taking them so long... ?

It's a start-up in a capital intensive industry that is highly regulated. That's what is taking time. You don't just buy the machines, turn them on and start spitting out NFA products.
    Well I am an 07/02 and I know how regulated it is. I also have bought the machines, turned them on, and started spitting out NFA products. So I know 2.5 years is a delay that cannot be explained by either of those two reasons.

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

So 2.5 years after demoing cans at SHOT, many are still not in production? I think that is what he means by a company that "didn't want my money". Do you know why it is taking so long?
    I do not know what cans were demo'd at SHOT 2.5 years ago, however the official press release has not even been released yet so the clock has not even started.
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer
    B&T Master Dealer
    Roller Locks Made Right(TM)

Looking for a Nanuk case?
    Enjoy 15% off site wide at Hidden Content
    Use code: JSTOP15

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~ Bertrand Russell

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I don't own a manufacturing company and never have. But I do know a thing or two about finance and investment and business plans.

I find it very funny that many think they should dictate what companies do with their money. One's business plan is not another's business plan. The pervasive attitude that seems to be expressed is that people who don't own these businesses think they know more than those who do own them as well as have the right to offer unsolicited advice. In the process they criticize these businesses' sincere efforts to get to market.

Whining that a company hates me/the market or is somehow purposefully holding their products from me/the market I find to be ludicrous.

As I am sure @Renegade experienced, you want a return on your capital as soon as possible.

So all I'm saying is that the path to market is different for every company; let's take a step back and let them work this through their systems, B&T and H&K. Hell, let's wish them God Speed in their efforts and tone down the noise.

Look how long it's taken HK to consolidate and create a potentially liberating manufacturing facility here in the States and they started the process decades ago. B&T is jumping in with both feet while H&K has had their toe in the water for decades and is now willing to take the plunge.

I congratulate them both and say welcome, I look forward to having to decide between my daughter's education and wonderful new engineering marvels.

JMO not meant to offend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix Kid View Post
    I do not know what cans were demo'd at SHOT 2.5 years ago, however the official press release has not even been released yet so the clock has not even started.
    Pretty much everything.

I think gopherboy and are referring to the B&T unobtanium line in general, while you are referring to the HK branded line.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post

I find it very funny that many think they should dictate what companies do with their money.
    Nobody is saying that. Folks want to buy their product, which they announced 2.5 years ago, said it would be available 2 years ago, and generally, it is not available, or not available with the ease customers have come to expect in 2017 (online ordering). In addition, this delay caused them to miss the single biggest GOLD rush in silencer history.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Anything for a 45c? I'd like a can for mine.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Nobody is saying that. Folks want to buy their product, which they announced 2.5 years ago, said it would be available 2 years ago, and generally, it is not available, or not available with the ease customers have come to expect in 2017 (online ordering). In addition, this delay caused them to miss the single biggest GOLD rush in silencer history.
    I would agree on the missing the swift boat rush for suppressors. And I'm sure they are kicking themselves. But everyone seems to think it was on purpose. I'm sure it was not but as they say, $h1t happens.

But remember, they are more than suppressors so they have other considerations. They make some pretty f'n good firearms and are an importer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

We're going to do group buys. LOTS of group buys to get the HK marked cans in the hands of those that want them. I am working closely with B&T and HK to ensure timely availability. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer
    B&T Master Dealer
    Roller Locks Made Right(TM)

Looking for a Nanuk case?
    Enjoy 15% off site wide at Hidden Content
    Use code: JSTOP15

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~ Bertrand Russell

Hidden Content

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

B&T has done a terrible job rolling out their new US product lines. This in no way is a reflection on Joe, Dakota Tactical, or HK. B&T doesn't even have a dam US website setup. I mean come on? Jon and Chris engaged is some terrible business practices leading to others and I canceling large orders.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links