HKPRO Members in Europe - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: HKPRO Members in Europe

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CGuns1 View Post
    Callahan: Understood. That being said, what are the nicest indoor ranges in France that you know of or have heard of? Thank you!
    I've only actually seen three gun ranges here in France (all in my area), so I really don't know. I think that the French Sport Shooting Federation (FFTir in French) has a national range that is supposed to be pretty nice.

But as @farmerbrown said, everything is shut down here for at least the next month, probably longer.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by farmerbrown View Post
    What sort of shooting? Most everything is shut down in .CH, for the next 2-3 months anyway.

Yes I am aware. Looking for a really nice indoor range for pistols mostly. But open to any ideas. Thank you!

P30
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CGuns1 View Post
    Can anyone recommend some nice European ranges to shoot at in France and Switzerland please (and maybe Germany)?
    The top 4 in Germany as far as I know:

schiessanlage-philippsburg.de/Service/Anfahrt
    Several German shooting championships take place there (it's close to Heidelberg). The website is not working well at the moment. Big range for many different shooting disciplines. I've been there several times. It's great! Better book in advance. Outdoor.

magnum-dsz.de
    My "home shooting range". The best range in the Rhine Ruhr region (in Düsseldorf in North Rhine-Westphalia). I like it very much! Indoor.

mszu.de
    Haven't been there, yet, but I suppose it's very cool (in Ulm near Munich). Indoor.

schiess-sportcentrum-heusenstamm.de
    The best shooting range in the Rhine Main region (near Frankfurt in Hesse). Have been there three times. Indoor.

But they are closed at least until April 19th. If you have a question about these ranges, just ask.
    Last edited by P30; 04-08-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    CGuns1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thank you!!!
    P30 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    The top 4 in Germany as far as I know:

schiessanlage-philippsburg.de/Service/Anfahrt
    Several German shooting championships take place there (it's close to Heidelberg). The website is not working well at the moment. Big range for many different shooting disciplines. I've been there several times. It's great! Better book in advance. Outdoor.

magnum-dsz.de
    My "home shooting range". The best range in the Rhine Ruhr region (in Düsseldorf in North Rhine-Westphalia). I like it very much! Indoor.

mszu.de
    Haven't been there, yet, but I suppose it's very cool (in Ulm near Munich). Indoor.

schiess-sportcentrum-heusenstamm.de
    The best shooting range in the Rhine Main region (near Frankfurt in Hesse). Have been there three times. Indoor.

But they are closed at least until April 19th. If you have a question about these ranges, just ask.
    Agree, thank you as well.

I assume most ranges will rent guns in Germany? I'm in Europe a bit and have always wanted to see what the options are for shooting.

P30
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeakyWicks View Post
    I assume most ranges will rent guns in Germany?
    It depends, I don't know the percentage. Magnum and MSZU do rent guns. I suppose, Philippsburg does not, it's only a (big) range. Some ranges are only for members, but members can bring guests.

But weapon ownership here in Germany is highly regulated by the law. I did not invent this, I wish our weapons law would be more libertarian. So one can not just go to a range, give them money and get a gun. Shooting in Germany in most cases works so that you first become a member in a sport shooting club. Then you take a class and an exam in "Waffensachkunde" (weaponry expertise) and so on.

Magnum DSZ normally has very friendly personal. If you are friendly, too, and like shooting, I suppose they will find a way to make it happen. And if the shooters there know and like you, many of them will borrow you a weapon for free for shooting at the range. (I'm reluctant in this regard, normally only borrow my weapons to family and best friends.)

If you want to rent a weapon at a range, you must give them your ID card. And safe gun handling must be made sure, they will check it somehow, if they don't know you.

If you want to shoot at a range in Germany and don't know anybody shooting at this range, then I suggest, write them an e-mail before you go there and ask.

I don't know, how long you stay in Germany. If you want to become a member in a sport shooting club here, I recommend the BDS ("Bund Deutscher Sportschützen"). It's the second largest shooting sports association in Germany and in my opinion the best in Germany. Via this website you can find a club in any area in Germany: bdsnet.de/ueber_uns/landesverbaende.html
    Last edited by P30; 04-25-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    It depends, I don't know the percentage. Magnum and MSZU do rent guns. I suppose, Philippsburg does not, it's only a (big) range. Some ranges are only for members, but members can bring guests.

But weapon ownership here in Germany is highly regulated by the law. I did not invent this, I wish our weapons law would be more libertarian. So one can not just go to a range, give them money and get a gun. Shooting in Germany in most cases works so that you first become a member in a sport shooting club. Then you take a class and an exam in "Waffensachkunde" (weaponry expertise) and so on.

Magnum DSZ normally has very friendly personal. If you are friendly, too, and like shooting, I suppose they will find a way to make it happen. And if the shooters there know and like you, many of them will borrow you a weapon for free for shooting at the range. (I'm reluctant in this regard, normally only borrow my weapons to family and best friends.)

If you want to rent a weapon at a range, you must give them your ID card. And safe gun handling must be made sure, they will check it somehow, if they don't know you.

If you want to shoot at a range in Germany and don't know anybody shooting at this range, then I suggest, write them an e-mail before you go there and ask.

I don't know, how long you stay in Germany. If you want to become a member in a sport shooting club here, I recommend the BDS ("Bund Deutscher Sportschützen"). It's the second largest shooting sports association in Germany and in my opinion the best in Germany. Via this website you can find a club in any area in Germany: bdsnet.de/ueber_uns/landesverbaende.html
    This is very helpful! I have a spouse with an EU(NL) passport and visit Europe often partly for work and partly for tourism. I can reasonably foresee a day where I spend more time living in Europe. Two of my work colleagues have gone to work in Munich and have stayed.

I do not like the idea of having to sell or part with any of the guns I have purchased in the US and i thoroughly enjoy shooting. Germany seems to be the most balanced and simply having some professional ranges will be more than sufficient.

Danke Herr P30!
    P30 likes this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Let’s try and get a meet scheduled for next summer.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Sponsored Links