MR223 barrel on HK416 upper ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MR223 barrel on HK416 upper ?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

how difficult would it be to manufacture a barrel according to specs? HKParts has some barrel assemblies for the 416 (out of stock) which are surprisingly cheap. Maybe something custom made could partially help?
    Helvetiorum Fidei ac Virtuti

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    Montrala:
    My 416 uppers (AFs and an AI that I used to own) all have a notch in the upper receiver into which slides a notch on the barrel extension. There is no wedge to slip in to place.
    That is what I mean. You can not mate "old" HK upper (pre-A5) with "new" HK barrel (A5) or vice versa.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And you can't mate an HK 416 bolt carrier with a MR223 barrel...

The carriers sold are 416 type but I am stuck with the requirement to find an 416 barrel. I will give a check with the importer and see if he can find a 416 barrel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    That is what I mean. You can not mate "old" HK upper (pre-A5) with "new" HK barrel (A5) or vice versa.
    Thanks for clarifying. I read it differently in your post.

Appreciate it!
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update: I found 416 barrel extensions...but now, the whole issue is to find the template for which turning the barrel. Does anyone know/has the profile drawing ?

The profile & the position of the gas port is critical.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gab7384 View Post
    In fact, I am ordering directly from the Austrian company ;-)

And yes, I am in a situation where I can legally build a gun (I have the complete gunsmithing licence).

I will check with the supplier the type of the upper receiver.

I have a friend, a licenced collector who can legally own full autos, who is seriously considering buying a 416 clone and a solution would be to build one from those NOS parts. But the supplier doesn't have the barrel nor the bolt. I suppose that a 10.3" MR223 pre-A3 barrel would be a perfect fit.

I have very serious doubts that you have a gunsmithing license, yet ask around on dimensions that are a) easily obtained b) easily derived c) literally easy to come up with for a gunsmith. You literally blew your already thin "cover" with your gas port questions.

Also, if you were an actual gunsmith licensed to produce a weapon of war, you would not be going around on a forum asking for a manual to do that, literally because "you ought to know why".
    Regardless of what administrators of this forum are doing, I suggest one thing: Stop fishing for information of this kind on this forum or I will inform iARMS.
    Last edited by baljar; 02-21-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jesus, what did I just walk into? Y'all are throwing more crap at each other than a pair of baboons.

OP: Nevermind, Marvin is the US and it seems you are in Belgium. Sorry :(
    Last edited by FeistyCrawfish; 02-23-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gab7384 View Post
    Gents,

I am in the process of building a 416 clone, using the original 416 upper, carrier, handguard & gas block.

I was not able to find the 416 bolt & barrel but I can purchase MR223 parts. Are the MR223 bolt & barrel (10.3") compatible ?

thank !
    I assume you already got all sorted?
    Otherwise, yes both bolt and barrel are compatible, but you need to remove a small notch on the barrel extension of the MR223 barrel.
    Bor od MR223 is the same as 416. You need to use a 416 barrel nut.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    I have very serious doubts that you have a gunsmithing license, yet ask around on dimensions that are a) easily obtained b) easily derived c) literally easy to come up with for a gunsmith. You literally blew your already thin "cover" with your gas port questions.

Also, if you were an actual gunsmith licensed to produce a weapon of war, you would not be going around on a forum asking for a manual to do that, literally because "you ought to know why".
    Regardless of what administrators of this forum are doing, I suggest one thing: Stop fishing for information of this kind on this forum or I will inform iARMS.
    Seriously, reporting someone for asking about information?
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links