Sen Bill Nelson - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sen Bill Nelson

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Senator Nelson is the very essence of mediocrity. His record in office is unremarkable. I've never heard an original thought or statement credited to him. The News-Press (Fort Myers) recently ran a story about his remarkable voting record. Only once has he strayed from the Obama Regime's party line.
    I'm sure he feels that his re-election last November gives him six years for us to forget his pathetic posturing and sad record.
    Some of us won't forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, here's the response I just received from Sen Nelson after the last letter I sent him (the one I posted here).

Thank you for contacting me about protecting Second Amendment rights.

I grew up on a ranch and have been a hunter since I was a boy. I have had guns all my life. I support a person's constitutional right to bear arms. I support the Second Amendment.

In 2008, the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed that the Second Amendment protects a person's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to military service, and to use that firearm for traditional lawful purposes like self-defense within the home. This is the law of the land.

I appreciate hearing your views on this subject. Hearing from you helps me to better serve you in the Senate.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson

I will remind him that in the SCOTUS ruling in DC VS. Heller, that they also said weapons "IN COMMON USE" are protected under the amendment and the weapons listed in Sen. Feinstein's bill are most certainly in common use. I will then ask him to come out in direct opposition to an AWB or ban on "high capacity" magazines, and for him to concentrate on the mental health and societal issues that have caused the recent tragedies. I'll also let him know that ther is group of putting together a range day in central FL for a small group of us from around the state, and would welcome him to attend.
    Last edited by damoroso; 02-01-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol it would seem hes either avoiding or coming around. lets see what he says about joining us lol
    In this house we serve the Lord, but we use H&K. - TSK

H&K USP TACTICAL .45
    H&K HK45 "T"
    H&K USPc .45
    H&K USPc .45 50th Anniversary
    H&K P30LS 9mm
    H&K VP9
    H&K P30sk 9mm
    H&K USPc 9mm
    H&K USPc .357 Sig
    Sig Sauer P226 9mm
    CZ Scorpion Evo 3
    Springfield XDS 9mm
    Springfield 1911 TRP
    Mod. Saiga-12 Shotgun
    Rem 870 Tactical "Magpul"
    Custom AR-15 "STEELKNIGHT VARIANT"
    S&W PC 629 Competitor

"Glocks are like small block chevy's. Overly abundant and rarely impressive" - Wes

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteelKnight View Post
    lol it would seem hes either avoiding or coming around. lets see what he says about joining us lol
    HA! One or the other right?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

indeed. Im hoping he has gotten more mail stating his postion was very wrong for the state he represents. And is realising his mistake. One can hope :)

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, Bill is an ass and that is all I will say.

Sean

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, I got the same response back from Dear Bill, got it 3/18, as damoroso got. Read it for yourself. I wish I could really believe him. For example, he says "This is the Law of the Land." But I hear him saying "This is the Law of the Land (for now)."

Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to Senator Nelson, please use the form on his Web site: Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: Contact Bill

Dear Dr. JBubba57:

Thank you for contacting me about protecting Second Amendment rights.

I grew up on a ranch and have been a hunter since I was a boy. I have had guns all my life. I support a person's constitutional right to bear arms. I support the Second Amendment.

In 2008, the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed that the Second Amendment protects a person's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to military service, and to use that firearm for traditional lawful purposes like self-defense within the home. This is the law of the land.

I appreciate hearing your views on this subject. Hearing from you helps me to better serve you in the Senate.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: eBriefs
    Last edited by JBubba57; 03-30-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links