Moving to Florida soon...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Florida soon...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Moving to Florida soon...

Hey Folks,

I just retired and will be moving to Lake Worth, Wellington, Boca area. Where would you reccomend a reputable gun dealer of the HK persuasion? I'd like to get the Mr762 and refuse to buy it while living in NJ. Would you be kind enough to reccomend a range as well. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the Gunshine State!!! The only dealer and range I can think of in that area is Shoot Straight-WPB off of Southern Blvd & Turnpike. I bought my P30 on 12-31-12 there as this was the only shop that had it in stock. Another place is Delray Shooting Center (this location is not directly off a main intersection). I almost bought an AR from there but wifey guilted me out of it. I wish I could be more help but I'm in Hollywood and rarely drive up north.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+1 to the above. Good suggestions, i've been to both and ShinJubei is right on the money. Shoot Straight has several locations, they are a command presence @ the bi-monthly (almost) Gun Show at the South Florida Fairgrounds. OP: when you eventually flee NJ, try to make it to the WPB Gun Show, nearly anything and everything (within reason) is availible, great way to spend a day...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

First and foremost I would like to extend a WARM welcome to you and
    your family to the great state of Florida RedRiverII. There are a
    multitude of reputable HK friendly firearms establishments here in
    South Florida. In addition to examples mentioned above
    ONLY THE BEST in Pompano Beach really is one of the best. They
    have everything from a factory MR762 to a RTDS MP5SD conversion.
    Vito has been in the firearms business for quite some time and has
    a wealth of HK knowledge to share. As far as ranges go I personally
    go to Markham Park. The range officers are strict, but squared away,
    AKA safe. The range is very clean and offers up to 100yrds.
    Feel free if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by kriss954; 06-27-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the firearm friendly red state of Florida. Just be aware that there is a substantial leftist population here, especially in the area you are relocating to. This is a result of blue staters relocating here and bringing their attitudes with them. So we need all the people who believe in the second amendment, and the rest of the Bill of Rights that we can get.

Sorry, I'm not in the South Florida area so can't help much with local dealers.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDollar View Post
    Welcome to the firearm friendly red state of Florida. Just be aware that there is a substantial leftist population here, especially in the area you are relocating to. This is a result of blue staters relocating here and bringing their attitudes with them. So we need all the people who believe in the second amendment, and the rest of the Bill of Rights that we can get.

Sorry, I'm not in the South Florida area so can't help much with local dealers.
    Hear, Hear!!!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Congrats on you retirement. Sell all you semi in NJ and save money to get a sear or other NFA goodies.
    Last edited by SEAINC; 06-28-2014 at 01:49 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks folks. I know ,I know, I don't talk politics with the family and look foward to having a chance to brush up my manners. I believeI went to the indoor range off of Lake Worth Rd, near the ocean, Gentleman all.

kriss954, I will visit Vito at Only the Best, Thank you. I'm counting on being a student of HK for the next 32 years, then at 93 I'll reevalueate the situation.

SEAINC, I have begun the selloff, not only the semi's but everything non HK, except the Blaser F3.

JohnnyDollar, I'm aware of the politics, but I thank you for reminding me. I would have shot off to Montana but my wife's family and obligations...

ronin11, WPB show, I'm in, Thank you.

ShinJubei, Thanks for the welcome, I hope I can contribute to, and enjoy the benefits Florida has to offer.

HK and No Compromise. I earned my retirement and the breaks in life the old fashioned way. I worked and saved. I deserve HK quality and they deserve my respect. Maybe I'll see you soon. Thanks again.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiverII View Post
    Thanks folks. I know ,I know, I don't talk politics with the family and look foward to having a chance to brush up my manners. I believeI went to the indoor range off of Lake Worth Rd, near the ocean, Gentleman all.

kriss954, I will visit Vito at Only the Best, Thank you. I'm counting on being a student of HK for the next 32 years, then at 93 I'll reevalueate the situation.

SEAINC, I have begun the selloff, not only the semi's but everything non HK, except the Blaser F3.

JohnnyDollar, I'm aware of the politics, but I thank you for reminding me. I would have shot off to Montana but my wife's family and obligations...

ronin11, WPB show, I'm in, Thank you.

ShinJubei, Thanks for the welcome, I hope I can contribute to, and enjoy the benefits Florida has to offer.

HK and No Compromise. I earned my retirement and the breaks in life the old fashioned way. I worked and saved. I deserve HK quality and they deserve my respect. Maybe I'll see you soon. Thanks again.
    Don't get me wrong, Florida is a great place to live. The people are great and in general believe in the freedoms and liberty of this great country. We just need as many people like that that we can get!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Great people and a great place to live, I've spent some time there and just don't go in to politics or dicuss arms. Thanks JohnnyDollar. I've been travelling and visiting Fl for 20 years now I get to live there. Just wanted to start off right in relations to good LGS's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links