HK listed as vendor at new Shooting and outdoors show in Jacksonville,FL 7/28-7/31/16

Thread: HK listed as vendor at new Shooting and outdoors show in Jacksonville,FL 7/28-7/31/16

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default HK listed as vendor at new Shooting and outdoors show in Jacksonville,FL 7/28-7/31/16

This is a new trade show style event that is open to the public in Jacksonville, FL. I haven't ever been to shot or NRA, but since this is local I am planning to check it out. Apparently HK is going to be there too. And hopefully bringing something new and interesting from the NRA show...

Southeast Shooting & Outdoor Convention - Home
    July 28 - July 31, 2016
    Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center

Shockwave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that this event is almost here, does anyone have any more information on what it's going to be like? Weekends are valuable commodities around my house so it wouldn't be great to blow half a day for a poor event.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Most info is on their website, not a ton more to add. The main thing - the exhibitors are manufacturers, not dealers or private sellers, so this shouldn't be like the average gun show. No guys selling reloaded ammo, or surplus mosins. Really there probably won't be much selling, at least of guns, more like demonstrations and booths. Note it isn't just gun manufacturers, supposedly fishing and other outdoor stuff. I am not really into fishing so I would prefer a shooting focus, but others may like the wider variety.

I originally saw a Facebook announcement from the Convention that HK was going to be there but haven't seen recent confirmation of that.

This is a new event so they might not have all the kinks out, but I think if they get a good showing hopefully it can build in time, add more vendors, etc.

I got a three day pass so I will be checking it out. If I see anything HK I will report back Friday.

I am not affiliated with or representing anyone, just interested in going myself.

Shockwave

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds good. Thanks.

I went to the gun show last weekend at the fairgrounds. It's basically the largest one in the area, but every time I leave one of the shows around here I keep wishing I saved my $8. The room would be more half empty if they took all the unrelated stuff out of it. If they took away all the over-priced stuff, too, you'd have an empty room.

This show looks like something different so it might be worth checking out. I probably can convince my 4 year old to go with me to the show as long as I bribe him with a hot dog and soft pretzel so I can still get some father-son time in at the same time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yeah I agree on gun shows, I haven't gone in a while, and when I did I didn't buy anything. Not going to buy $1000 p30s and $700 vp9s. Gun shows, classified ads or trolling all the local shops were the only options to find good deals or rare stuff but the internet has changed that between all the online dealers, forums, and gunbroker, cheap ammo shippers, etc.

Anyway I think this is going for a small scale Shot or NRA feel. We will see if they can pull it off if it does well and they repeat and grow it.

I would actually like to see something more like the Texas firearms festival, where you can shoot everything. That would be cool!

Shockwave

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

OK, made it to the show, photos and write up here...

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/2...ml#post1943882

Over all the show is pretty small. HK, Glock, Taurus/Heritage/Rossi, and Remington are the big manufacturers there, along with Century arms, Seekins precision, Adcor, cmc triggers.

Even though small it was worth it to me just to see the HK booth, I only went on lunch and couldn't stop at each booth, I think I will go back tomorrow or Sunday.

Overall they will really have to grow this event to be successful, but first year, so that isn't surprising.

Shockwave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great report on the show... thanks very much! I know you said that you didn't spend a whole lot of time there... was there a lot of free swag to be had at the various booths? Also, were most of the booths just displays or was there any interactive stuff? Just trying to gauge how much interest my 4 year is going to have in the place before the inevitable "I'm bored, daddy!" rears its ugly head. He keeps bugging me to take him fishing but looking at a bunch of finish poles is unlikely to keep his attention for very long.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

There are some train cars outside the center to look at.... Everything is pretty hands on, pick up this rifle, rack that pistol, pump the shotgun, drop the hammer on the ar trigger tester. Decent swag, pens, buttons, pins, velcro patches, cozies, brochures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Went to the show this afternoon... much, much smaller than I expected and there weren't a whole lot of people. Hopefully it will grow next year... my fear is that some of the companies that showed up will not bother returning because they might not see the value in it.

My son was entertained (even though he was annoyed that we left with buying roasted nuts)... he liked the alligator and the dogs. Plus everyone seems to want to give 4 year old kids stuff like stickers and candy. I had a hard time keeping him from playing around with all the guns, though. All in all, it was a decent time.

Sponsored Links