Insurance Photos - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Photos

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPro2A View Post
    Hey Y'all,

I looked through the FAQ before posting, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a gun friendly professional photographer in the Pensacola, FL area that can take hi-res pictures of guns for insurance purposes.....

Thank you in advance...

Like the other said, a nice day and capture the serial numbers. I back up all my stuff on carbonite and Shutterfly.

Sean

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPro2A View Post
    Hello Shootermd, I apologize for the log delay in replying. I had to reimage my laptop recently. I do not have a separate rider on my homeowner's policy. Ihad thought about joining the NRA for two reasons. 1) It is important, and 2) They offer insurance coverage
    Quit thinking about it and join now. Then donate to the ILA.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Then donate to the ILA.
    It would be worth donating to if they went after the Hughes Amendment like they said they would instead of sending me a metric ton of paper garbage to my door with offers to renew in exchange for Chinese made garbage.

They do help immensely still, but I had to get that off my chest. Wish they went on the offensive more.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shootermd View Post
    Just out of curiosity...do you have a separate policy for your firearms or is it just going with your homeowners?
    If you have any sort of collection (basically anything more than one nice firearm) then you need a separate policy. If you look at the fine print in homeowner policies typically they only cover up to $2500 for firearms IN TOTAL and there are lots of caveats and stipulations. In other words, don't use your homeowners.

I'm using State Farm right now, but going to send a request to both Eastern and Collectibles to see which would be cheaper.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Quit thinking about it and join now. Then donate to the ILA.
    I am a life time NRA member, but Eastern is your best bet for firearms insurance. Your homeowners will rob you and the coverage is generally not as comprehensive.

Sean

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We list ours on our homeowner's with USAA. No photos needed, just serial numbers.

It's listed on the same policy with other valuable personal property, like our wedding rings and such.
    I think we pay about 1.4% of the value to cover them annually, and I'm not sure if they rate jewelry differently than the guns, so it might be weighted slightly differently.
    Not sure if that's the norm, but we're satisfied with it.
    "An armed society is a polite society."

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ta8218 View Post
    We list ours on our homeowner's with USAA. No photos needed, just serial numbers.

It's listed on the same policy with other valuable personal property, like our wedding rings and such.
    I think we pay about 1.4% of the value to cover them annually, and I'm not sure if they rate jewelry differently than the guns, so it might be weighted slightly differently.
    Not sure if that's the norm, but we're satisfied with it.
    Using the 1.4% rule-of-thumb it's 4.5x what Eastern charged me.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    Using the 1.4% rule-of-thumb it's 4.5x what Eastern charged me.
    For the record you are saying Eastern charges less than a .5% of value for annual coverage? Do they have a limit on total collection value? That's a lot cheaper than I am paying the NRA promoted gun insurance provider. The best price I could get was 1.2% and I thought that was a good deal based on previous policies and quotes.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Whoops. Double post
    Last edited by gopherboy128; 09-06-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I am paying .32% insured value with Eastern. Includes a 5% policy discount for being an NRA member. Dont have to declare anything under $50,000. No serials or anything until it's time to claim. Covers me and bith of my NFA trusts, the only thing I am unsure about is whether or not it covers ammo. I know it covers scopes, suppressors, accessories. Covered during shipping. Only $250 deductible per claim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links