SBR Conversion

Thread: SBR Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SBR Conversion

Folks, I live in Jacksonville, FL. I am looking for a reputable gunsmith who can convert my MR556 to an SBR, with proper paperwork of course. I would really like to have a gunsmith whom has performed this task on an HK in the past. What ever assistance I can get would be helpful. Thank you all in advance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Just off the top of my head, I'd say check with TPM Outfitters or IGF (Investment Grade Firearms). Both do outstanding work, there was a thread on here awhile back stating that IGF is very backed up and had long t/a times currently, it's a small 1 one operation. I've never personally used them but have personally seen guns that each have done and they're top notch.
    I've used TSC (Tactical Supply Company) exclusively for my HK conversions and their work is outstanding but I think they only work on HK roller lock weapons, unless someone knows something different.
    I'm sure others with more expertise will chime in shortly

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default SBR Conversion

If you haven’t already done so, be sure to read the “HK416 and HK417 HQ” forum on MR 556 barrel work. Even though it is a NFA issue, I think the real expertise on non-roller lock HK barrels is over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by GPSIG; 07-31-2018 at 09:17 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bestiller View Post
    Just off the top of my head, I'd say check with TPM Outfitters or IGF (Investment Grade Firearms). Both do outstanding work, there was a thread on here awhile back stating that IGF is very backed up and had long t/a times currently, it's a small 1 one operation. I've never personally used them but have personally seen guns that each have done and they're top notch.
    I've used TSC (Tactical Supply Company) exclusively for my HK conversions and their work is outstanding but I think they only work on HK roller lock weapons, unless someone knows something different.
    I'm sure others with more expertise will chime in shortly
    I've seen Mikes work on the mr556 guns before and its good where he has remarked them to 416. He did some for b3 armament setting them up with suppressors. Not sure if he sbr's them though.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredOrdie2016 View Post
    Folks, I live in Jacksonville, FL. I am looking for a reputable gunsmith who can convert my MR556 to an SBR, with proper paperwork of course. I would really like to have a gunsmith whom has performed this task on an HK in the past. What ever assistance I can get would be helpful. Thank you all in advance.
    Welcome to the website. Honestly.....for what you are going to spend in converting your upper to SBR specs.....just go purchase a HK416 upper of your desired length, plug and play. Of course....with the appropriate paperwork.

Cheers!!!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Sponsored Links