VP9 trouble in Central FL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: VP9 trouble in Central FL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 trouble in Central FL

Hello everyone! This is my first post here, and I'm coming with some trouble I seem to be having with my VP9. I have had this gun for some time now, with several thousand rounds through it, and I decided to install the LWG trigger. Well, it turned out to be way more difficult than I expected. While putting everything back together, the right side lateral spring came out of place when I was hammering the roll pins back into place. When I tried to remove the double roll pin that holds the block in place so I could fix the spring, both pins came out together and seemed to get stuck. I don't have much experience with gunsmithing, so I put the project down. It is currently waiting at a local gun shop for their gunsmith to go over it, but I'm hesitant to keep it there...I'd like someone who knows more about HK's to look at it. Any recommendations here in FL? The tricky thing is that the gun is in a state of partial disassembly, so I don't know how limited I am (or not) at this point in time.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)

There is a VP9 Detail Stripping guide in the Reference Library forum. Go view that thread and tell us what spring you're talking about, being that there are literally half a dozen springs in that VP9.

If all else fails, contact member @Marine0303 and send that pile of parts to him.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    There is a VP9 Detail Stripping guide in the Reference Library forum. Go view that thread and tell us what spring you're talking about, being that there are literally half a dozen springs in that VP9.

If all else fails, contact member @Marine0303 and send that pile of parts to him.
    Always happy to help, if needed.
    Pag23 likes this.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Take the advice given above...

The VP9 isn't the easiest to assemble/disassemble and nor is it as ubiquitous as the Glock. If you're going to pay someone, pay them to fix it and not to use it as a learning experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had already done some work on it, and felt confident in my ability, but then it caught me off guard with this roll pin getting stuck. I didn't want to force it and break anything. I never messed with working on Glock when I had one. I couldn't stand the thing, so I got rid of it quickly.

TooSixty...The spring in question is the elbow spring for dismounting safety. When I was putting the roll pin with the clamping sleeve back in place, the elbow spring moved out of place, so the dismounting safety was no longer under spring tension. When I went to hammer the roll pin back out, it would not come out. I put way more pressure on it than I did the first time, and it wouldn't budge after coming out about 1/4".

I wasn't necessarily trying to use it as a learning experience as much as I just like to do all of my own work on my guns so that I know exactly what is going on with them. I knew that HK's were difficult, but I didn't want to let that deter me from having a full understanding it.

Super newbie question...but how do I send a pm to someone? I can't find the option to message anyone anywhere at all.
    Last edited by GSD_HK; 02-22-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I was referring to some LGS bubba-smith learning from your pistol...and you paying him. I'm all for learning what you got but if you feel you've reached your limits there's no shame in calling a pro.

I'm OK tearing up the USP line, P30 line and VP line but all my P7 pistols go to Teufelshund Tactical. Damn innards look like the guts of a clock!
    Marine0303 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fatmat27...I understand what you're saying now. The guy I took it to has been a gunsmith for the last 50 years (according to him), and said that he has done many HK's...but also says they are a huge pain in the butt to work on, haha. He hasn't gotten to it yet, so that's why I wanted to reach out and see if there was a better option. Teufelshund comes highly recommended on here, so as soon as the forum allows me to message people, I'll reach out and see what Marine0303 thinks about what I have going on.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GSD_HK View Post
    so as soon as the forum allows me to message people, I'll reach out and see what Marine0303 thinks about what I have going on.
    I think after your 5th post you're GTG.

if not: Teufelshund Tactical
    Last edited by fatmat27; 02-23-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No need to wait for forum permissions, just contact James directly at www.teufelshundtactical.com

His work is top notch.
    Marine0303 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Good luck keep us posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links